Waccamaw Wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

LarrySC

If you are in the Uniden ID Search Mode OR GRE Open Mode it will show all ID's. You program the ID's you want to monitor and SCAN in Uniden ID SCAN mode or GRE Closed Mode. You will only hear ID's programmed.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I'm probably the one who added te original information for this system. It's based on trunker data from May 2004, yep, 4 year-old data, so things have probably changed since then.

The Type IIi Hybrid designation is based on the fact that the talkgroup values listed in trunker end in odd numbers, which usually indicates some type I talkgroups. That very likely has changed since I gathered this data. Try programming it as type II and see if you see odd-numbered talkgroups show up in seach mode, if so, it's still a Type I or Type IIi system. If you have status bit setting set to off, you might not see that, but you'll see one part of a transmission on one talkgroup and the reply coming on another talkgroup.

Another way to handle that is to set it as a Type I system and set the size codes all to S0 and see what you get.

Not sure about the multi-site setting on the BCT-15 as I don't own that radio. If it seems to work correctly, go for it. However, I'd venture to say that this system is a single-site system, this particular Waccamaw Wireless/Darryl Doyle site located in Nixonville. If there's a "single-site" selection, try that instead. But I doubt it makes any difference.

What about this 853 freq? If it's using that, then it's using a rebanded freq, which seems unlikely. Or I guess maybe it hasn't been moved out of the 851-853 band, which also seems unlikely. There no license data in the rr fcc data for the freq in SC, but rr filters some YX licenses (Business trunked 851-860Mhz). I haven't checked the FCC records yet.

By the way, I got confused looking through my data - there is another system in Garden City with a SysID of 762e, which I have more current data on.

Fun project.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
So, approximately 280 licenses for 853.6375 in SC, all for Nextel. I'm sure there's a way to narrow that search to see if one of those happens to be in the Nixonville area, but I'm not sure how to do that.

The frequencies originally used by this system, 762c, were licensed under WPSY507, which now is licensed to, surprise, Nextel. Neither of your two control channel freqs are on that license.

859.7875 does have a license by Darrell Doyle, WPUQ262. The problem with that is that it's a GB service code, which is conventional business, not trunked. And there are only 2 freqs on the license. It's not unheard of for a licensee to use a conventionally licensed freq with a trunked system or vice versa, though.

Jot down the voice freqs that are active with the system and post those, maybe we can find a license and update the system information.

I assume that you've confirmed this SysID 762c is being broadcast on these CCs? The BCT-15 will show the sysID won't it?

ScanDaBands

Banned
Brian let me get back to you on the sys id - I have brain cramp I guess - NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT.

ScanDaBands

Banned
ok Brian , here's what I "found" doing the Control Channel searching with the BCT-15.

It will not give me a sys ID on the Control Channel 859.7875 , instead of the sys ID it says WaccamawWireless just as I have it typed here where the sys ID usually is (yes the BCT-15 usually shows sys ID unless named like this - Palmetto is named - Horry TRS is named)

ok that in mind - here's the frequencies it went through with 859.7875 as the CC for Waccamaw Wireless.

This in the order as they went when the system was active with TGID's

859.7875 (CC as found with the BCT-15 in hold mode for Wacamaw Wireless)

ok now for the other "site"

I said 853.6375 but now I'm not sure , here is what I have in that site

CC only of course.

As a couple of notes. Take notice the 855.6375 is listed in the other one , thing is I had that a few days ago as a Control Channel , found it the same way via searching cc mode 800 mhz just like i did the 1st site mentioned. BUT NOW that will NOT be found in the search mode as a control channel.

I do remember seeing 762h somewhere not c or e , wether it was the .6375 or not I can't remember.

Last edited:

ScanDaBands

Banned
LarrySC said:
If you are in the Uniden ID Search Mode OR GRE Open Mode it will show all ID's. You program the ID's you want to monitor and SCAN in Uniden ID SCAN mode or GRE Closed Mode. You will only hear ID's programmed.

Larry wasn't skipping over you , I do realize the above you mentioned - appreciate the input.

Last edited:

ScanDaBands

Banned
3.gif
to Brian !

Status
Not open for further replies.