SC TAC Spartanburg today

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarrySC

SC Tac 2 / 5 / and 1 tested today by unit #'s 5100+. Had 16 WT's for use by some agency for an upcoming event. Maybe active this weekend.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Thanks for the tip, I would not usually be scanning the various conventional 800 stuff. I heard a ton of activity going to/from the Spartanburg hamfest on SCTAC-2, some of them sounded like they never used a radio before and was quite entertaining :lol:

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
I noted SCTAC 5 being used for some type of event Saturday. The base operated as "control," with a very strong signal here (Indian Land). It might have been "Springfest" over in Fort Mill. The individual units could not be heard (simplex use).

What surprised me was that all the communications I heard were related to concessions and activities ... not public safety ... with the exception of collecting the money from the concession sites after 9 p.m.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
On the SCTAC-2 repeater I heard nothing that sounded like public safety either, some talk of getting generators started, power needed for some vendors, fees, etc.

I only had my pro97 with 800rs whip with me for scanning, but I did pretty well as far as RXing the repeater NE of Gaffney on I-85 Looking back I should have carried with me at the hamfest to kill some time while waiting for some other folks to finish testing, but I was not that bored at the time to consider it :D

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Seems like I picked the wrong weekend to leave town. Sounds like I missed a lot of interesting monitoring opportunities here at home. Sorry I can't offer any information from the Spartanburg area. I would agree that it was likely Spring Fling organizers and volunteers, they type of traffic sounds right for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.