Wow Medtrans is busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrapeApe

Any other Laurens, Abbeville, Greenwood folks hear how many times they call MedTrans helo in?

Wow, I never knew.

AndersonMBK

MedTrans stays busy. Very busy. MedTrans 2 is dispatched a good bit too, but not near as much as MedTrans. I see MedTrans in the air usually at least once a week, whether im in Anderson or in Greenville. I saw them yesterday, they picked up a 3 month old infant from Anderson Women's and Childrens to transport to Greenville Memorial. I spoke to one of the flight nurses in Greenville as he was shopping in WholeFoods the other day. Sure would be an exciting job.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Regional One, based in Spartanburg, is quite busy also. They cover quite a few counties surrounding Spartanburg, including several up into NC. Their base is about 1/4-mile from my office, so I hear them lift off anytime I'm in the office. I'd say on average I hear them lift off twice a day, sometime more.

BTW, Regional One is "owned" by MedTrans also. MedTrans is contracted by SRMC to provide air ambulance service.

Viking1

AndersonMBK said:
MedTrans stays busy. Very busy. MedTrans 2 is dispatched a good bit too, but not near as much as MedTrans. I see MedTrans in the air usually at least once a week, whether im in Anderson or in Greenville. I saw them yesterday, they picked up a 3 month old infant from Anderson Women's and Childrens to transport to Greenville Memorial. I spoke to one of the flight nurses in Greenville as he was shopping in WholeFoods the other day. Sure would be an exciting job.

That Bell 407 is a nice bird, fast too, been up in it a few times, haven't had a chance to go for a spin in MedTrans 2 yet..

Status
Not open for further replies.