HP on Horry sounty system

Status
Not open for further replies.

jclomi

Hi
I havent posted in a while but started hearing something interesting this past weekend I believe it is talk group 14096 and it appears to be Highway patrol because I hear them on the palmetto site all the time at work. I was just wondering if anyone else heard this also there are a few new talk groups on the county trunked system. 57392 for one which is the same as central dispatch for the county. Maybe they are getting ready to swicth over to digital or something any one else hearing this as well? Sorry about my bad grammar
Happy Scanning
Jeff

lugoffman

jclomi said:
Hi
I havent posted in a while but started hearing something interesting this past weekend I believe it is talk group 14096 and it appears to be Highway patrol because I hear them on the palmetto site all the time at work. I was just wondering if anyone else heard this also there are a few new talk groups on the county trunked system. 57392 for one which is the same as central dispatch for the county. Maybe they are getting ready to swicth over to digital or something any one else hearing this as well? Sorry about my bad grammar
Happy Scanning
Jeff
Well 57392 is calhoun CO.SD Dispatch. Also I to have been hearing TGID 14096 and I been monitoring it were I have been working and I thought it might of been SCANA but I haven't heard it lately to confirm

evan

Database Admin
57392 was the TG I couldn't remember in the other thread about the Horry Co. TRS. Have you figured out who is using it?

Has HP moved back to the Palmetto 800 system now that the two biker weeks are over?

lugoffman

evan said:
57392 was the TG I couldn't remember in the other thread about the Horry Co. TRS. Have you figured out who is using it?

Has HP moved back to the Palmetto 800 system now that the two biker weeks are over?

Well I here HWY. Patrol all the time on the camden cell were I'm from and here troopers from Horry County , George Town , and Richland County , and York , Chester, Lancaster , Chesterfield , Lexington , Sumpter all on the palm 800 now that talk group you are talking about I thought I was hereing SCANA but was not forsure there doing a lot of work in my home town putting up some new lines or somthing right were we work at in camden looks like the start of some new cable system but I cant tell yet untill they get done . Keep on listening and see if you can determine what you might think it could be and I'll do the same from here

lugoffman

Sorry even I quoted you was ment for the original poster

But anyways even Brian and I was talking about this , some time back about a month ago and I was telling him that SCANA was doing somthing in camden area working on a tower and putting line in all through Camden some type of cable line, looks like cable wire for tv but can't tell any ways one of the TGID'S I got wrote down is the same I heard them on when monitoring them at work. They are still there were I am working at and tomorrow I will just go ask one of them if they will key up for me to confirm or at least try to confirm

jclomi

The talk group 57392 sounds like it is Horry County Dispatch I recognize some of the dispatchers and that does make sense for HP to use 14096 during the bike week. Most of the traffic on it I heard was traffic flow. And also for MV stops as well. Now since the bike rally is over here I dont hear them so it seems like its some kind of alternate channels for big events.
Ill keep ya updated on this channel if I hear more

Happy Scanning
Jeff

lugoffman

jclomi said:
The talk group 57392 sounds like it is Horry County Dispatch I recognize some of the dispatchers and that does make sense for HP to use 14096 during the bike week. Most of the traffic on it I heard was traffic flow. And also for MV stops as well. Now since the bike rally is over here I dont hear them so it seems like its some kind of alternate channels for big events.
Ill keep ya updated on this channel if I hear more

Happy Scanning
Jeff
Well 57392 is in the rr data base for calhoun CO.SD Dispatch. but could be wrong but could be right , cause here in Kershaw county I here the same dispatcher for HWY Patrol making calles for three or four different countys so they may be doing the same there dont know just keep on monitoring it and let us know somthing

evan

Database Admin
lugoffman said:
Well 57392 is in the rr data base for calhoun CO.SD Dispatch. but could be wrong but could be right , cause here in Kershaw county I here the same dispatcher for HWY Patrol making calles for three or four different countys so they may be doing the same there dont know just keep on monitoring it and let us know somthing

Right, 57392 is Calhoun Co. SD on Palmetto 800. The talkgroup they are referring to is on the Horry County TRS and is independent of any talkgroups on Palm800.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
14096 SCSHP MUTUAL
14128 SCSHP TALK 1
14160 SCSHP TALK 2

Have heard these in use here in the Little River area 14096 quite a bit on the Bike Weeks using a Florence Dispatch.

14128 and 14160 - very rarely used, but very interesting car to car when used.

lugoffman

evan said:
Right, 57392 is Calhoun Co. SD on Palmetto 800. The talkgroup they are referring to is on the Horry County TRS and is independent of any talkgroups on Palm800.

Well in that case I be willing to bet it is some sort of event reminder I'm going to horry county this weekend going to the beach and ill put those talk groups in and monitor them and if I here anything ill let you know

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
are we talking Pal800 or Horry TRS - these I mentioned above are on the HORRY TRS - ok ?

lugoffman

ScanDaBands said:
are we talking Pal800 or Horry TRS - these I mentioned above are on the HORRY TRS - ok ?
well i got four radios so I'll program them to horry trs and palm800 and let you know what I hear

Last edited:

jclomi

Hey
when they mention Florence Dispatch they are referring to Highway Patrol control room. I can recognize some of the dispatchers that are on from when I monitor in Georgetown on the palmetto system. I don't ever hear that talk group anymore though

Happy Scanning
Jeff

lugoffman

lugoffman said:
well i got four radios so I'll program them to horry trs and palm800 and let you know what I hear
well went to the beach and had no luck with the tgid's but heard some stuff from beach patrol they was looking for a drunk man on the beach that passed out Lol !!!! other than that never heard nothing onthe talk group id's

Status
Not open for further replies.