Perry Corrections Facility

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
Anyone know if the Perry Corrections Facility in Pelzer has changed its main security channel - or possibly just the repeater out PL tone ? (The repeater is on 155.460 MHz)

For about a week now, the facility repeater is being rebroadcast by the NC WRC repeater in Rutherford County during the overnight / morning hours. The WRC repeater is 159.090 / 203.5 out, and 155.460 / 203.5 in. Kind of makes the WRC site useless for WRC comms, since the corrections comms is almost non-stop sometimes.

I have not noted the rebroadcasting previously, although I monitor the repeater daily. I presume something has changed, or an antenna has been replaced, or etc.

Thanks for any info.

LarrySC

Perry has never been on 155.460. It's 155.640. NO PL Tone. Repeated on 452.275 to Columbia HQ using PL 203.5 The repeater could be linked somewhere into another system. Also 155.640 could be an input freq for some agency that has an output tone of 203.5 I will set up monitor on VHF and UHF to verify any changes. Post more on NC link. I would expect this takes place in early morning or very late PM. Larry

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
This link covers the repeater on 155.460, located on-site. 20 watts ERP for the repeater, and 5 watts ERP for handhelds and mobiles in the area of the facility:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/licenseLocSum.jsp?licKey=2910320

Alot of redundant confirmations about areas of the facility being secure, as well as inmate movements and suspicious activity by inmates.

The control station overseeing the security regularly I-Ds as "Perry."

The NC WRC repeater on Gilkey Mountain - north of Forest City - fills in the gap between the WRC repeaters in the Asheville area, and the Charlotte / Concord repeater. IT's the only WRC repeater I'm aware of that does not use the standard WRC repeater inputs and outputs.

Like most WRC repeaters, the Gilkey Mtn site also has two output tones ... 203.5 for broadcasts from Raleigh, and car-to-car, and 136.5 Hz for broadcasts from field units to Raleigh. Raleigh I-Ds with the callsign KNAE742 when performing the periodic taped I-Ds.

>> I would expect this takes place in early morning or very late PM.

I would presume that's the case, although the Gilkey site, as well as Rutherford Co Fire, EMS, etc can be heard here 24 / 7. Today was the first daytime I've been home - and awake - since I first noted them late Wednesday night. I had a strange work schedule this week, that included an overnight at Broughton Hospital in Morganton (where some of the criminally-insane are committed in N.C.).

lugoffman

Hey I don't know if this will help you or not but I used to here wateree corectional facility on the 800 a lot I asked brian on here once and he said they may have changed up don't know. But I went to the flea market once in columbia and picked up kirkland correction facility on it as well but all of them seem to be using the talk groups that was used by SLED on the rr data base Also here them on the 155.4600 alot doing count and chow alot

Last edited:

LarrySC

Looks like 155.460 is the "YARD" freq. They used to use 155.685 which is Cleveland Co NC. Northside unit in Spartanburg may still use 155.685 but officers were always bothered with Clv Co because their WT's not using PL. I have a friend that lives near Perry and I'll ask him to monitor it. The dept of corrections [ SCDC ] has made very few changes over the past 30 years. Has the worst state operated radio system. Officers transporting inmates in vans only have VHF Simplex radios. The B1G bus does have 800 trunking but you rarely hear it. Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.