Simpsonville PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

aa4lb

Can anyone confirm that Simpsonville PD has move to the Pal 800 system? I am not hearing any traffic on the UHF frequencies.
Looks like I am going to have to "bite the bullet" and buy a digital scanner soon.

LarrySC

Yes, they have moved. However, there are loud and clear on 800 DIG. The bullet you need you buy is priced at $499 Each.

lugoffman

LarrySC

I woud think you would need the 780 for your regular analog progams. I have all 10 banks on a base BC-796 and PRO2096 mobile PGM'ed with 800 trunking. 1-SCHP / Pal 800 Emer, 2-GVL City PD/FD, 3-GVL Co Sheriff Narc/Vice and Simpsonville, 4-Anderson Co Dig, 5-Pickens Co Dig, 6-Pickens Co School analog system, 7-Laurens Co/Clinton Dig, 8-Spartanburg Sheriff/EMS, 9-Bob Jones Univ Armed Police/Tec support, 10-Duke Energy System. See what I mean. Good Luck, Larry

rescuecomm

The four Pickens County rescue squads now have 800 mhz mobiles in their primary response trucks. I guess I am going to get out plastic and buy one too.

Bob

LarrySC

I've heard them testing within the past week. For aa4lb, one of my 780's also is programmed for Motorola-1 trunking which has Parker Fire, Greenville Co School Sec/Adm and Greenville Tec Police. Motorola-2 has Furman Univ Police and others. For those with LTR there is a new system at Lockheed at SCTAC [Donaldson]. So the bottom line is that about 15 banks of 800 trunking is required for the Greenville area.

aa4lb

So what's the recommended scanner to buy for the Greenville County area? Do I need to go with the Uniden or is the PRO-2096 as good? I would be looking only for a base unit.

LarrySC

I have both the BC-796 and PRO-2096 and 96port. I have the 796 because I interface that and 3 780's to my laptop. I have the 2096 because it is user friendly. The Unidens are a ***** to deal with. Cant turn off a bank when its in the trunking mode. It turns off an ID list. On the R/S GRE 2096 you can turn off a bank anytime. Also you can open any one trunking bank to find other ID's and the 796 opens all banks in "search scan" Just to have good coverage and ease of operation I would get the 2096 or the later production PSR-600. The only issue I found with the 2096 is having to ATT most of the VHF freqs when using an outside antenna. Seems to overload that freq range. I have about 48 programs for the 2096 and you can get WIN96 software which is easy to use. Larry

Burdman864

Hello Larry, I found this post and wanted to contact you with a pm but I don’t have access. Could you contact me? I’m new to the scanner world and would love nothing more to hear Simpsonville and surrounding cities. It seems you are very informative on what device I need and possibly sell or program the scanners. If possible email me at Bburdette26@yahoo.com as I not sure if I get alerts from this page.
Thanks and hope to hear from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.