Please discuss...

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3r2

I'm working on the money to buy a few scanners. If you're interested in helping me decide what to buy, I'll eventually work on getting two. One to set up a live feed for Greenville County/Greenville PD or the highway patrol in the troop 3 posts C and/or D (if it's possible?), then a second to have in the car, which I would have no clue how to even begin setting it up... Don't know which one would come first, depends on how much feedback I receive... I've been looking at the BCD996T, but I really have no clue where to begin. I just want to start monitoring channels soon.

I've got a spare computer that could easily have a wireless connection, hard drive to store past media on, and a decent amount of time on my hands to start learning the basics. Please feel free to help or ridicule, pms are welcomed.

LarrySC

Today Radio Shack has their digital scanners on sale for $379. PRO-96/2096. The Radio Shack/GRE scanners are user friendly. I have a PRO96 portable, PRO2096 mobile and a BC796d rack mounted in my office. I like the GRE much better than the 796d for several reasons. The only reason I have the 796d is because all of the media uses them and I do their programming. Good Luck. Larry

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Get the BCD996T if you need digital and analog, and the BCT-15 if you need analog only. Both are great radios with many many features!

Status
Not open for further replies.