Listening On Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilkington

Does anyone know how you can listen to a police scanner online in Charleston County, SC?

Those digital scanners are very expense.

Thank you

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Well, if it's for the express purpose of listening to the Charleston Co. P-25 system, then you might want to do some research before you buy. The PRO-96 and PSR-500 are not particularly good at decoding the digital audio format used on this particular type of system (Motorola P-25 simulcast system). I have not tested nor have I heard any first-hand accounts of anyone using the newer Uniden digital scanners with this system, but in general folks have had disappointing results.

You might consider the PRO-106 from RadioShack. It's identical in function to the PSR-500, and it's on sale right not for $399. RadioShack offers a 30-day return policy, so you could purchase it and try it out, and then return it if it doesn't suit you.

Some say using a directional antenna pointed at the strongest local tower site helps, and that might be true. But I haven't heard of anyone testing that theory on the Charleston P-25 system.

ARCA-Dave

Listening to Charleston South Carolina

Hey just to let yall know, I have recently become a member of Scan America and connected my Pro2096 to the sight. I am currently broadcasting Dorchester County, Summerville city, all EMS, Fire and everything in the Summerville Dorchester area, along with the SCHP in the tri county area. I also have Charleston County digital, North Charleston digital, Folley beach, Mount Pleasant and so forth in Charleston County but since it was so much information and so busy I opted not to play the Charleston Co stuff on the recommendation of the sight administrator because it might be too difficult to track any single conversation....Check it out anyway it is definitely worth the time to listen to...Dave

http://sc.scanamerica.us/index.php

Status
Not open for further replies.