Need help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trooperh

First off let me say that I have never in my life owned or operated a scanner of any kind. I am going into the SCHP and wanted to let my wife hear what they do on a day to day basis first hand so I thought I would get a scanner and we could listen. I went to radioshack and purchased a pro-164 scanner. The guy told me that it would definitely pick up the SCHP because it is a trunking scanner (still don't know what that means.) and have been messing with this thing for several hours and have not picked up any SCHP stuff. I am in Spartanburg so obviously I would be trying to pick up troop 3 post d which is Spartanburg. I looked on the excel sheet on this forum and it said that their frequency was 21008 so I put that in and got nothing. If anybody could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

LarrySC

That # is not a frequency. That is a Talk Group ID code. There are several people on this forum in Spartanburg with WIN97 software that can PGM the scanner for you. Because of the PRO-164 being on sale I've done several here in Greenville in the past few days. WARNING: Dont use your WT near the scanner !! It will ZAP it. Watch this thread for replys. If you dont get any help then email me direct : larryscan@charter.net Good Luck. Larry

trooperh

Do you know the frequency for the highway patrol in spartanburg? That is all I care about listening to.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I'm sure Larry can help you. I will offer to program your PRO-164 for you at no cost. I also have a PRO-97 (very similar to a 164) and live in Spartanburg. PM me to arrange.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.