Spartanburg FIT Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighter89

A couple of the FIT team members were out assisting us with the MVA on Highway 29 tonight and I noticed they were carrying 800Mhz radios. Does anyone know what talk group they use?

EDIT: I forgot to add this when I posted but they were carrying Motorola XTS5000 radios.

Last edited:

jdb

I don't know if they have their own talkgroup on the 800 system. When I worked in the comm center, we communicated with FIT Team primarily by pager and then phone. We would page them as needed and then they called back. Once in awhile they would come up on one of the sheriff's office channels (they have radio callsigns, although I can't remember what they were. Seems like it was a four digit numerical callsign?)

I guess they could be using a talkgroup on the 800 system to communicate with each other, but I don't know for sure.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I think the keep it behind the county office building on Fairforest Road, next to the residence inn. That's where the EPD and Fire Marshall offices are. I think they keep the mobile command center there also. Maybe by now they've found an enclosed station for them.

The FIT team might share the Hazmat talkgroup, 47952. I have seen affiliations with 47920 also, but no actual voice traffic after two weeks of Trunk88 monitoring site 19.

rasj

The FIT does not (normally) use radios for communication. They primarily use cell phones (Nextel) and pagers. The Investigator you saw with the 800Mhz radio was probably also a member of the HAZMAT/COBRA team, which use the 800Mhz radios.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.