Help needed with Palmetto 800 Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

man-of-light

I seem to keep posting in the wrong place....

Ok, so I'm new to this trunking stuff and could use some help with a few questions.

I live in Laurens County, SC, use a PRO 163 scanner with an external antenna.

I have been able to get the trunking working for Anderson and Greenwood counties, with a few minor problems, which is where I need some help.

1. I have programmed either the control channels and/or all the frequencies for about 8 towers upstate, Due West, Plum Branch, Laurens, Greenville, Prosperity, etc. When I manually scroll through them, I see trunk group IDs toggling on several frequencies off of each location's antenna, but no voice comes through and it doesn't break the scan mode. The control channel frequencies all have CC data on them. Only Greenwood and Anderson are picked up when scanning. What do I have wrong? They are all set up for Motorola mode.

2. Whille scanning, I get a 'flickering' screen, with noise and a trunk group ID. It just flickers and doesn't lock on. It sounds like control channel signalling, toggling very fast, on and off.

Like I said, some I put all the frequencies in and others only the control channels. I had trunk group IDs built for all, but removed them to see if it a made a difference.

Any help would be appreciated and I thank you in advance. I have a few other questions, but these are my most pressing issues.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.