800mhz trunked system for York, South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Radio Shack Pro-95 handheld scanner. I have no trouble receiving the trunked system that the S.C.
Highway Patrol uses. I have programed the frequencies , that I got from this site for York County, but I cannot receive any traffic on these channels. I currently have my scanner programmed for these channels as a Motarola type 2 system. I have the channel bank open a this time, but will close it and use only the ID's when I get it to work.

mikey60

I have a Radio Shack Pro-95 handheld scanner. I have no trouble receiving the trunked system that the S.C.
Highway Patrol uses. I have programed the frequencies , that I got from this site for York County, but I cannot receive any traffic on these channels. I currently have my scanner programmed for these channels as a Motarola type 2 system. I have the channel bank open a this time, but will close it and use only the ID's when I get it to work.

My understaning it that is a P25 digital system. The Pro-95 will not work with that system. You would need a digital scanner to hear that system.

Mike

Thanks Mike

I knew it was some reason that it wouldn't work. I just assumed that it was an old trunked system.

Status
Not open for further replies.