Anderson Standoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndersonMBK

Listening to a standoff in the city of Anderson on Highlands Avenue at 2:30 AM 1.25.09. Swat and negotiations has been called out. I'm not sure yet what time the standoff started or what the reason was. I heard shots were fired at an officer. City, highway patrol, and county units were on scene using each ones dispatch channel for communications.

A few units including the highway patrol units left the scene to break up a fight of 30 people at club maui on Clemson blvd. Unsure whether those units will return or not.

Busy night in Anderson! Hope everyone is safe.

AndersonMBK

Swat moved in at around 3:30, took 1 suspect into custody. EMS was needed for one person. It was unclear as to whether EMS was needed for the suspect, officer, or other person.

During the standoff, one officer asked another if he had "channel 5 capability". Anybody know what that means? I havn't seen a channel 5 frequency, nor did I hear any traffic on a different channel then dispatch.

Hopefully soon Anderson will be able to have interopability. It was a mess tonight with HP, the sherrifs office, and the city police. Dispatch had to relay information to officers that were within eyesight of eachother. Not to mention this tied up the dispatch freq. for well over an hour. I can imagine how stressful and confusing it was to the officers to have two very serious situations going on at once.

KF4JYE

Premium Subscriber
Anderson City PD Channel 5 is 158.970 with a tone of 162.2, unless it has changed recently.
It is a low-power channel used for unit-to-unit.

Interestingly, this frequency used to be an input frequency for SLED Channel-2.

AndersonMBK

I'm surprised that they were in the clear on the 800 system

Do you mean SLED? I don't believe SLED was involved. KF4JYE stated that Channel 5 (158.970) used to be an input for SLED, meaning it's probably no longer used by SLED.

Status
Not open for further replies.