Upstate Regional LE Channel in action

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescuecomm

I copied the Easley Police Department and the Greenville SO using the regional LE freq of 460.250 Sunday night a week ago while searching for a missing patient from a nursing home. I heard the Greenville SO chopper ask if they want to go to a Pal 800 talkgroup and the Easley police IC officer said his units didn't have WT's for that. It is the first major activity on the Paris Mountain Regional LE repeater that I have monitored in a while.

Bob

evan

Database Admin
I heard that radio traffic too. Originally Easley PD called GCSO on that channel asking if they had a helo with a FLIR on it. That tells me that GCSO monitors the channel on regular basis.

Back in November or December it was also used during a chase involving Travelers Rest PD GCSO, and Pickens Co. SD.

A tone of 127.3 is used on it.

I'd recommend everyone in Greenville and Pickens County to put it in their main scan list because when it's used it's usually for multi-agency incidents.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I'm fairly certain that this repeater is capable of multiple tones. In the past I've heard small town PDs in Spartanburg Co. use that same frequency (and I assume the same repeater) with a tone of 118.8.

rescuecomm

I think that there are multiple repeaters in the upstate on that frequency. I have heard Oconee County on 460.250 on a pl of 186.2 with the signal strength too low for Paris Mountain. I am in Easley, so Paris Mtn. comes in full quieting here.

Bob

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I heard 460.250/118.8 active today, Sunday. My guess is that it's on Hogback Mtn with the other UHF repeaters for Spartanburg.

rescuecomm

Apparently, the subject that was missing was found in another residents room. I bet that chapped some people. A fair amount of the city's public safety resources were tied down at this situation.

Intersting that the UHF regional repeaters are still on the air in this day and age of 800 trunking systems.

That statement could be considered heretical in some circles.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.