Fast food drive-through freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KR4WM

Anyone know of an up-to-date database of fast food drive-through frequencies? In particular looking for the Myrtle Beach area. I'm trying to locate a source of interference, and I think this is where it might help me locate where it's coming from. It's very weak, but every once in awhile I pick up a syllable here and there. I've tried searching but came up empty handed, probably because of the intermittent nature of their transmissions. I've looked at the results from Google, and the most recent list was around 2003, way outdated.

Thanks, -KR4WM

AndersonMBK

I don't have a list, but it would be very easy to use a scanner with signal stalker to determine the frequency.

Or, the FCC database may be of some help.

License Search

ecps92

Altho the list was from 2003, many have not changed the basic lay-out since the 80's
when they were VHF Low and VHF High [split bands].

What Freq is getting the interference? Interference to what? commercial Radio, Scanner?

Anyone know of an up-to-date database of fast food drive-through frequencies? In particular looking for the Myrtle Beach area. I'm trying to locate a source of interference, and I think this is where it might help me locate where it's coming from. It's very weak, but every once in awhile I pick up a syllable here and there. I've tried searching but came up empty handed, probably because of the intermittent nature of their transmissions. I've looked at the results from Google, and the most recent list was around 2003, way outdated.

Thanks, -KR4WM

KR4WM

REPLY: What is being interfered with

My scanner. It's just random interference. Bits and pieces of syllables, not necessarily on the same channel that I can tell. I did hear "chi" (sounded like it might have been "chicken") and on another occasion what I thought sounded like "ad" (could have been part of the word "salad"). I think I know where the interference is coming from, but I don't want to call them on the carpet until I know for sure. Thanks, -KR4WM

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
How far are you from the nearest fast food places?

I have some programmed in and don't hear them more than 1/2mi. away if that. Some I only hear if I am in the drive-thru stopped on that freq.

It is rare that you would hear these interfere with many freqs. Usually they just step a little off their own freq so they would only be interfering with frequencies one or two steps above or below their own.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
>> I think I know where the interference is coming from, but I don't want to call them on the carpet until I know for sure.

Keep in mind that the interference you're experiencing may be a problem on your end ... rather than theirs.

You might have problems with your coax or a connector, or a bad ground. An inline amp may be creating an overload situation. An antenna at your location that you use for something else - like amateur radio - might be acting as a passive amplifier of the offending signal.

If you do determine that the problem is on the other party's end, it might be more helpful to contact the person designed as the contact in the FCC ULS. Some restaurants are licensed under their corporate, franchise or a dba ("doing business as") name.

Good luck.

ecps92

On What Frequencies. Please be more specific
it will help in narrowing it down.

As for calling them on the carpet, if they are legal the resolution falls on you, not them

Check your system, it could be Cable TV leakage too [Especially VHF]

My scanner. It's just random interference. Bits and pieces of syllables, not necessarily on the same channel that I can tell. I did hear "chi" (sounded like it might have been "chicken") and on another occasion what I thought sounded like "ad" (could have been part of the word "salad"). I think I know where the interference is coming from, but I don't want to call them on the carpet until I know for sure. Thanks, -KR4WM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.