Anderson Co. control channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I made a day trip to Atlanta and back today, and did a little searching through the 800MHz band while passing through part of Anderson County on I-85. Found the following:

851.1625 - P25 control channel, 1D0 NAC. Didn't have time to program it as a TSYS and get a SysID, but I'd suspect this is the Anderson Co control channel of SysID 1D9, the Palmetto P25 system.

854.6875 - Motorola 3600bps control channel - SysID 0F3D - I suspect this is a Duke Energy system, but the only nearby license is in Greenville. I don't think that's part of Greenville's Duke Energy system, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

857.6625 - Motorola 3600bps control channel - SysID 0F2B - again, I suspect a Duke Energy system, and this frequency has a license in Anderson Co. (WNPW332).

Interesting to note that the radioreference database shows SysID 0F3D as a multi-site system for Duke Energy with a site in Stokes County, NC with the same confirmed control channel. Likewise, SysID 0F2D is listed as a Duke Energy system in China Grove, NC, Doesn't seem likely that's what I was hearing on I-85 around the 15MM today. All of the Duke Energy systems I've monitored are "stand-alone" Smartnet systems, not multi-site Smartzone systems sharing the same SysID, meaning no site numbers will be displayed.

Any confirmations or additional info that anyone can provide is welcomed.

KF4JYE

Premium Subscriber
Brian,

I do not pick up anything on 851.1625 from downtown Anderson. I may be out of range for that frequency. However, 853.1625 is an active control channel for system 1D9, site 162.

Also, I do not pick up anything on 854.6875 from my location.

I can confirm that 857.6675 is Duke Power.

Hope this helps!

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Yes, I made an error. It was 853.1625 that I monitored as a P25 control channel.

Thanks for the confirmation on 854.6875.

SCPD

QRT
Just and update for those of you scanning this system. Just this past week Anderson City PD had 800Mhz radios installed in all police cars. The city fire department is scheduled to have radios installed in all fire trucks this coming week, so I would expect to see heavy testing and usage beginning in the next month.

Keep an ear out and update the database as you find new info.

Status
Not open for further replies.