Williamsburg Co. SD Warrants

Status
Not open for further replies.

casselman1972

Premium Subscriber
Can someone tell me why I can not hear Williamsburg Co. SD Warrants Ch? I hear them say go to warrants Ch but I am not picking them up? Maybe they are not working of the tower or something, I dont understand.

jamiewmorris

Williamsburg Co Sheriff Warrants

This channel is only broadcast on the Kingstree (site 41) tower, unlike the main dispatch channel. So if you are not in the Kingstree/Hemingway area you will not hear warrants.

casselman1972

Premium Subscriber
Wcsd

Hey Jamie, I am in Piney Forest on 868.8375 kingstree site and 868.6875 georgetown I can hear everything but that one Ch I should be able to hear it right? Oh when I hear your buddy dispatch it is so funny to hear him on the air. I forget his name.

jamiewmorris

If you are picking up the Kingstree tower than you should be hearing warrants. it is not encrypted, it is digital, just like the main dispatch channel. All i can suggest is put your scanner in open mode and listen for it, or check to make sure it is not locked out.

I know who you are talking about, but I am not gonna put names on here.

casselman1972

Premium Subscriber
Wcsd

I don't know what's wrong. Not locked and it is open, is it like the old system where they can go of repeater? Yeah would never want to call names on here, but if I am not mistaking I think he is the one that slid under the fire truck one snowy morning, LOL

the warrants channel is encrypted now since palmetto control reprogramed their radios some of the channels are encrypted and some are in the clear

casselman1972

Premium Subscriber
WCSD warrants channel

I dont think that is what it is, because when i am in Kingstree i can pick it up ! Just like I can still pick up Darco SD and you said that it was encrypted. Where are you getting your info? Not trying to be smart.

jamiewmorris

trunktracker71 apparently put his reply on the wrong thread.... warrants for Williamsburg Co Sheriff is not encrypted, and probably will not be... I don't know why you can't pick them up, but I listen to them all the time on my Pro 106. Can you hear other channels like Kingstree Fire, Kingstree PD while you are at home? If you can't pick them up while at your home, then you are not picking up the Kingstree tower.

no the dispatch channel will not be encrypted it will stay in the clear but as far as their talkaround and narcotics ,investigations ,and special ops channels those are going to be encrypted just so that is in the clear now

casselman1972

Premium Subscriber
Williamsburg Co SD

Jamie, I do sometimes hear KPD talking to dispatch on KPD talkgroup, One thing that I think that it may be is that I have Site 39 Georgetown in the scanner 1st, and Site 41 Kingstree 2nd. So in other words you are saying that warrants are not Simulcast on site (39 Georgetown) like the other Williamsburg Co SD Chs?

darco so

i was talking about the darco sheriffs channel being in the clear as well as darlington pd on the new talkgroup 51104 the sheriffs talkgroup will stay the same 50992

Status
Not open for further replies.