Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnSc1

I'm new to this scanner programming stuff. Thanks. I do have one other question. I also have Richland County users programmed in and can hear them just fine. The problem is that I am hearing some users I do not want to monitor and I cant get them out of the scanner. One in particular is ID number 59024. It sounds like it is encrypted or digital (sounds like a motorboat). I have tried using Win95 to take the ID out completely, and it shows back up as soon as I start scanning. I tried blocking that ID and it still sounds off. Again, I am at a loss. There are 2 or three more that do the same thing but I assume the solution for one will work for all.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Post Moved and New Topic Started

Your new here, but I assumed after I pointed out that you were off topic in your first post about your Pro-95 scanner that you would have gotten the hint that you were in the wrong to hijack a thread. Apparently not, so I moved this second post to a thread of it's own in a location more suitable for getting you help.

Please don't hijack threads for your own purposes and in any case this problem of yours had absolutely nothing to do with the thread I moved it out of, so also consider this a warning not to post off topic also. Thanks.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I'm new to this scanner programming stuff. Thanks. I do have one other question. I also have Richland County users programmed in and can hear them just fine. The problem is that I am hearing some users I do not want to monitor and I cant get them out of the scanner. One in particular is ID number 59024. It sounds like it is encrypted or digital (sounds like a motorboat). I have tried using Win95 to take the ID out completely, and it shows back up as soon as I start scanning. I tried blocking that ID and it still sounds off. Again, I am at a loss. There are 2 or three more that do the same thing but I assume the solution for one will work for all.
In Win95 remove all digital Id's and set bank to Closed Mode (check the box top center between Name box and Type box).

JohnSc1

Didnt realize I was posting wrong and sure was not trying to hijack anything. As a little explanation, I have been in the hospital for the last 3 days and am trying to get this scanner set up the way I want it during this "down time". for what its worth, I am under some medication and have noticed that my thinkingn has been a little "fuzzy" since yesterday morning. I will try to do better

Status
Not open for further replies.