To anyone in the Charleston, Berkeley, Dorchester County area.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaDelta10

Anyone have any idea when the agencies like (Palmetto 800) SCHP, BCSO, DCSO, Summerville PD, etc... will go digital? It's starting to get very irritating listening to them on my Pro-95, while listening to CPD, CCEMS, CCSO, and NCPD on my digital scanner. I can't wait until I can listen to them all in the same scanner (if they EVER go digital) and I can finally toss my Pro-95.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Just program everything you want to listen to on the digital scanner.

Digital scanners also can receive analog systems.

ummm yea, what he said.... and toss the Pro-95 my way, i've got a broken one needing some parts! lol :)

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Anyone have any idea when the agencies like (Palmetto 800) SCHP, BCSO, DCSO, Summerville PD, etc... will go digital? It's starting to get very irritating listening to them on my Pro-95, while listening to CPD, CCEMS, CCSO, and NCPD on my digital scanner. I can't wait until I can listen to them all in the same scanner (if they EVER go digital) and I can finally toss my Pro-95.

As others noted, you can listen to all of those agencies on your digital scanner.

I suspect that 800MHz rebanding will render your PRO-95 useless on Palmetto 800 before digital migration will, but that's just a hunch. I don't have any indication of a timeline for either, but SC is behind in terms of rebanding.

But, while you can, make use of the two radios. With as much as there is to listen to in your area, a second radio is a blessing.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
As others noted, you can listen to all of those agencies on your digital scanner.

I suspect that 800MHz rebanding will render your PRO-95 useless on Palmetto 800 before digital migration will, but that's just a hunch. I don't have any indication of a timeline for either, but SC is behind in terms of rebanding.

But, while you can, make use of the two radios. With as much as there is to listen to in your area, a second radio is a blessing.

we JUST starting taking inventory of all our radios to see what needs to be upgraded for rebanding capability, but we are still ahead of the curse, pal8 is still further behind, we will be ready in 2011 but i think pal8 is still thinking 2012 or 2013. I think everyone will be merged to the P25 only system and the old pal8 will only be a backup system before we reband. ;-)

AlphaDelta10

Thanks for all of the responses! I do have the same PAL800 stuff programed into my Uniden digital scanner, however, I never listen to everything all at once in the same scanner because the time it takes to pick up the analog stuff, is time lost listening to digital and I have A TON of digital stuff programmed in. Pretty much everything Police/Fire/EMS related on the P25 system I have in there. I don't want to listen to everything in the same scanner until I absolutely have to like when they do go digital. It's kind of 50/50. It's nice to have two scanners to listen to because that is more I can hear but at the same time, the analog sounds weird compared to the nice crisp digital. When they do go digital, I'll have no choice but to accept it as it is and that being all in the same scanner. There is nothing I can do about it from there.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Well, when everything goes over to digital, you'll just have to buy a second (or third) digital scanner.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Ceasar, how will one differentiate between the old Pal, new Pal 800/p-25? Will it be talkgroups only, control channels, both or neither, or something entirely different?
I have seen some work going on at the Johnston site (might be just Verizon) and they have even repainted the tower.
Just curious...

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Ceasar, how will one differentiate between the old Pal, new Pal 800/p-25? Will it be talkgroups only, control channels, both or neither, or something entirely different?
I have seen some work going on at the Johnston site (might be just Verizon) and they have even repainted the tower.
Just curious...

you can check the links on this site under the database for SC, Spartenburg, Charleston, Anderson, & Richland counties. It is an entirely separate repeater system. P25 only. Ran by the same people, palmetto800 but separate from pal8 analog, no linking between the two.... so yes, different CC

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
you can check the links on this site under the database for SC, Spartenburg, Charleston, Anderson, & Richland counties. It is an entirely separate repeater system. P25 only. Ran by the same people, palmetto800 but separate from pal8 analog, no linking between the two.... so yes, different CC

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.