Question about Burton/Beaufort Fire/EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin1129

I know im new to the scanner world but I have BC340CRS And i need to know the "Ops" Channels for Beaufort/Burton i cant figure them out

Ops 1
Ops 2
Etc

LarrySC

The 340 will not receive 800 MHz. The talk groups listed will require an 800 MHz analog trunking scanner. The Radio Shack PRO-163/164 would be a good choice based on the RR database. Good Luck.

cmlewis1969

Premium Subscriber
You are probably picking up the simulcast paging frequencies on VHF high. If that is what you have programmed you will hear the page and all talk that occurs on the dispatch channel until they switch to a fireground or OPS channel. If that is the case and the scanner has never been modified then you will not be able to hear anything outside of that because Bft County is on a P25 800Mhz TRS system. What frequencies are you hearing them on?

Justin1129

you are probably picking up the simulcast paging frequencies on vhf high. If that is what you have programmed you will hear the page and all talk that occurs on the dispatch channel until they switch to a fireground or ops channel. If that is the case and the scanner has never been modified then you will not be able to hear anything outside of that because bft county is on a p25 800mhz trs system. What frequencies are you hearing them on?

cmlewis1969

Premium Subscriber
Justin what you have programmed and are hearing is the VHF high simulcast of fire dispatch. This frequency is used to tone the pagers for the different departments and officers of the Beaufort County Fire Depts. You will only hear what is being transmitted on the main Fire Dispatch channel. If you want to hear anything else as far as Ops channels and talk around you will need to invest in a newer model digital scanner and program it for the Bft Cty P25 800 Mhz trunk system. If you need any help feel free to ask here or send me a PM.

bpalmer

Sorry guys I have been elsewhere without a computer.
Beaufort County has a 154.355 simulcast. All normal communication are in the digital worls and require a modern digital radio to hear.

The way the ops channels are now set up each departments has its own Ops 1, Ops 2 and so forth.

EMS also has a simulcast on 155.175 as occasionally does Hilton Head on 154.145

Status
Not open for further replies.