One of own BPalmer has passed away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
One of our major Beaufort County members has lost a battle with Pancreatic Cancer. Billy was in his 60s.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I also received an email from a family member of Billy's a short time ago confirming this. I frequently corresponded with Billy and he was a delightful person. He had worked hard over the past several months to gather data on Beaufort County's digital trunked radio system as well as the Parris Island/Beaufort MCAS system. He provided a wealth of information. I didn't know he was sick, and the email indicated he was just recently diagnosed. I never met Billy in person, but I'll miss him greatly.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the confirmation Brian.
I will go ahead and sticky this for the time being.
If anyone ends up finding out service arrangements and
wants to post them in this thread for the other SC RR members
in the area feel free to do so.
I also agree that BPalmer was a great guy to talk to. :(
Marshall KE4ZNR

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
I never had the pleasure to talk with Bill and sounded like a great man. My thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends.

RIP

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
My family has a beach house on Harbor Island near Beaufort and I have been planning a trip down there this spring. Billy was excited that I was going to bring with me a bunch of radios plus a couple of laptops and we were going to meetup and I was going to help him map out some systems down that way.
I really do wish that meetup could have happened before he passed away. :(
Even though I never met him face to face and only corresponded with him over
email and PM here at RR.com I could still tell he was a good guy at heart and really
loved the hobby. I wish his family and all of his friends peace and comfort during this
tough time.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.