New Feed - Columbia Area Police Dept's

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinzep491

Hey you guys. Im messing around with my first feed. It's going to provide police coverage for central SC.

Most of the time it will provide dispatch tg's for Columbia Police Dept (p25), Richland Co SD(p25), and Irmo PD off of Palmetto's Richland Simulcast towers.

During the rare times that I need the HH digital with me, I'll have the feed running Highway Patrol tg's for the midlands and Lexington Small Town Dispatch 1 & 2.

I'll keep ya guys updated as I get it tweeked to perfection.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Hey guy, I'm planning to get another usb sound card soon, and once I do, to alleviate some of the traffic on your feed (as rcsd is always talking) I will put my 106 online with a CPD only feed.

This will probably be sometime next week though.

Thanks for hosting a feed!

vinzep491

Good idea. Do ya mind if I take the CPD feed and you do RCSD if we're gunna split them up? I primarily monitor cpd over sd so i'd like that one.

Hey question though - what's the cheapest way to add a sound card to a computer? How much are you paying for your USB sound device? How's that work, does it have a 1/8" input on the end of it?

I'm thinking I'll set up one p25 feed, either cpd or sd, Then feed 2 will be SCHP, and feed 3 will be Lexington Small Town PD's 1&2 and Irmo Disptach TG's.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Good idea. Do ya mind if I take the CPD feed and you do RCSD if we're gunna split them up? I primarily monitor cpd over sd so i'd like that one.

Hey question though - what's the cheapest way to add a sound card to a computer? How much are you paying for your USB sound device? How's that work, does it have a 1/8" input on the end of it?

I'm thinking I'll set up one p25 feed, either cpd or sd, Then feed 2 will be SCHP, and feed 3 will be Lexington Small Town PD's 1&2 and Irmo Disptach TG's.

I get elcheapo USB sound cards off ebay, last time i got 4 of them for maybe 20 bucks plus 10 shipping. they have the 1/8 in stero jack input on them but will ofcourse take the scanner mono cable with no issue. i had all 4 hooked into a usb 4port hub. I can do RCSD no problem. It will be on my Pro-106 until I can find someone to buy it from me. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.