Horry County Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcfd988

Feed Provider
Hello all.

I will be traveling to Horry next month and want to make sure my scanner is up to date. I searched the forum before posting and really couldn't find a definitive answer.

I can see in the database that some of the frequencies for the Horry system has changed, but not all of them. I also see where it says the system has re-banded.

So did just part of the frequencies change or what? Is the database listing correct? A fellow RR member and friend of mine was there recently and he said he was receiving everything fine on his equipment and he hasn't changed anything.

Whats the deal?

Wes

dist24

horry county rebanding

the only thing that changed was they dropped 1 control channel and added a new one the data base is correct as shown

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
Wes,

Although the county and Sprint signed a rebanding agreement in 2009 (?), there have been several requests to the FCC for additional time to implement the agreement. In February (?), they received and were granted another extension.

I presume that the extensions are due to the two 860.xxxx frequencies Horry County is currently using as voice channels. It is likely that they want to swap those channels for lower frequencies that Sprint is currently licensed for, since the 860.xxxx segment will be vulnerable to some SMR interference .

No matter what the reason, the county and Sprint would not be asking for, nor would the FCC be granting, extensions if the rebanding agreement had been consumated already. So, some aspect of the system will change down the line.

qball

Premium Subscriber
Is it true that Horry County TRS is moving to digital over the summer?

I have not heard anything of the sort. I think that they may be putting together a long range plan, but they won't be moving over the summer....that I know of. As well, after working summers as comm support for some of the large events, I would never plan to migrate their network during the busiest months of its operation.....that's a winter time thing when it all slows down!

qball

Premium Subscriber
the only thing that changed was they dropped 1 control channel and added a new one the data base is correct as shown

They had interference on one of the newly implemented control channels. So, they chose to replace it with the currently posted frequencies. I believe that they are just in the process of tidying up their radio programming now.

Q

horry co

if they do go digital bet they will be encrypted too they they will be like charleston a county that had a really good vhf system at one time and then got messed up when they went 800 i tell ya when horry co was on 154.725 i could hear them just about anywhere i went just like i could charleston and williamsburg counties i could hear them to but when they went 800 all that went out the window

Status
Not open for further replies.