darco so gone duplex and encrypted

Status
Not open for further replies.
as of 12 am on 4/11/11 darco so has gone duplex and encypted the dispatch has changed talkgroups they are now on what was their chan 2 51008 and the patrol units are on the old main dispatch channel of 50992 from what i can understand is that they have done this because of the growing problem with agencies being heard on phone apps so they have done this so they can no longer be heard chaulk another one up to the growing number of depts going in the dark

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
By duplex I assume you mean digital.

Sad news, but I lost my county to encryption almost 10 years ago, at least yours took longer.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
from what i can understand is that they have done this because of the growing problem with agencies being heard on phone apps

Was this mentioned in a news article or press release you can post? I struggle to believe that because I can hear them 1000 miles away they went to all that trouble. But that's why I'm asking.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
see where one PD in California actually released their own Iphone radio streaming app just recently. nice to see an agency with nothing to hide..

daeco

what im trying to say is dispatch is transmiting on their channel 2 which is talkgroup 51008 and the patrol units are on the old main dispatch talkgroup of 50092 when dispatch talks they are on 51008 and when the units answer they are on 50992

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
what im trying to say is dispatch is transmiting on their channel 2 which is talkgroup 51008 and the patrol units are on the old main dispatch talkgroup of 50092 when dispatch talks they are on 51008 and when the units answer they are on 50992

That doesn't make sense unless they are just currently patched, which didn't make sense either. With then encrypted how are you able to confirm this? Do you with with them?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

darco

yes i do i help issue their radios and im a firefighter in the county and we had to have our 800 walkies reprogramed last week so that we could recieve them when they decided to make the switch like i said im not sure what its called but thats what they are doing the dispatch talks on one talkgroup and the patrol units answer on another ans as far as encyption they already had some on their channels done that way last year and they had been debateing on doing that to the main channels as soon as budget issues would allow

darco

just to update i spoke with one of the radio techs today that was at dispatch doing some work on the console and i asked him about what the new thing was called with the so channel and all he said was that it was something new that they were trying so i guess maybe other depts may start this too sometime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.