Medical Helicopters

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
Greetings SC friends,

Can anyone advise if the medical helicopters such as Carolina LifeCare or LifeNet are dispatched on a specific frequency and if so what are the frequencies or are they dispatched by other means.

Thanks!

LarrySC

There are several using the Palmetto 800 in the analog and digital modes. They are located within this database.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
MedTrans (Greenville/Spartanburg/Anderson), Omniflight (Horry, Charleston, Savannah), SC Lifenet (Midlands) and, Lifecare (Charlotte/York Co area) all have talkgroups in use on the Palmetto 800 system. Some of those talkgroups do carry actual dispatches - Regional 1 in Spartanburg and Omniflight in Horry are two examples. Others, like MedTrans in Greenville and Lifecare in Charlotte do not. I suspect they are dispatched by other means - telephone or data pager or something like that. I think that Charleston's Omniflight helicopter is dispatched on a VHF frequency still. All of these channels should be listed in the database.

qball

Premium Subscriber
MedCenter Air out of Charlotte uses several different means. Most of their dispatches are on 155.325 PL91.5 and they operate on the Charlotte analog trunked system, and VIPER and Pal 800 digital talk groups once they leave their port. They have 3 ports (or did)...Charlotte Douglas, Rock Hill, and High Point (i think).

LZ communications with MedCenter are conducted on the frequency/talkgroup dictacted by the agency with whom they need to communicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.