GRE PSR500 On The Palmetto 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMQ47

Good Afternoon,

Just wondering if anyone in the group is using the PSR500 on the Palmetto 800 system in SC.

If so, just wondering what the receive range from a tower might be.

I will not be using an outside antenna.

I think I will be around 25 miles from a tower in Abbeville County.

Thanks for your time.

Marshall

LarrySC

There are only a few people using the PSR500 in the upstate of SC, however, there are at least 100 I know of that use the PRO-106 R/S which is the same. The nearest tower is Due West which is only a rocks throw from Abvl. Stop by the Radio Shack store in Abvl and ask Farley for the local directory. Pages 2 thru 8 and 22 would be most of what you need. Good Luck. Larry

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I don't think you'll get reliable reception from a tower 25 miles away, most certainly not with the stock antenna, as Evan notes. But it completely depends on your circumstance, your height relative to the antenna, indoors or outdoors, etc.

If you're in SC, you're probably closer than 25 miles to a tower. They're pretty dense as far as SC coverage. But if you're on the other side of the GA/SC border, for example, you will probably have a tough time.

Let us know where you're located and we'll help you determine the nearest tower to your location.

Status
Not open for further replies.