Pal800 - Horry Co SO Transport/Berkely Co Detention Center?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b443sc

In April an entry to the Horry County Data wiki page was added explaining that Horry Sheriff was using Palmetto 800 TGID 50864 for prisoner transport. Confusingly, the db has 50864 listed as "Berkeley Co. SD Detention Center/Statewide Roam."

I've confirmed that I heard HCSO on the Conway Pal800 site transporting prisoners. Traffic indicated they were moving prisoners between the courthouse and J Reuben (the local jail).

My question: Has anyone heard this TG on sites outside of Horry County in the past few months, especially in Berkeley?

I was going to submit this to be updated in the DB, however I wanted to make sure that the talkgroup isn't used anywhere but Horry. My thinking is that, if it's in use in more places than Horry now, it may be some sort of statewide prisoner transport roaming talkgroup, due to what it's listed as in the db right now.

If anyone has anything to add about this talkgroup, that would be great since I've been trying to clean up the Horry wiki page and get any information synchronized between the wiki and DB. :)

hntsgt

I have been listening to this for a couple of years & have been confused about the database entry. It always appears to be an Horry County Sheriffs unit conversing & usually involves a J. Reuben Long DC call. Can I assume that they use the Pal800 instead of the Horry TRS because they may be transporting statewide?

BTW, I have never heard anyone else using this talkgroup.

b443sc

I assumed they're on Pal800 for statewide transports, too. They don't have talkgroups assigned to them on the Horry County system at all, that I'm aware of, either.

I don't regularly monitor Pal800 except for highway patrol working the occasional MVA, so I've never paid much attention to that talkgroup until I noticed it on the wiki.

Has anyone else who monitors the talkgroup heard something besides Horry SO on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.