Usc pd

Status
Not open for further replies.

evan

Database Admin
USC Police is using their palmetto 800 talkgroup tonight-not hearing any activity on their UHF channel. Unfortunately for us, the talkgroup (64144) is now encrypted. Not sure if this is a permanent move. The talkgroup was previously digital but unencrypted. I wonder what convinced them that their communications were sensitive enough to require encryption...

vinzep491

Very interesting indeed... hmm.
Can anyone update on this, if it is still the case? I am currently out of the Midlands and this caught my attention.

Funny how they think they need that... I can understand that they deal with primarily young adults, who tend to attract trouble, but how many are sitting around with a scanner? And there was not a USC live feed last time I checked so they can't blame cell apps for the problem. The biggest thing they had going on was some underage drinkers anyways... dang.... Minus One Point for the hobby.

LarrySC

You have to remember people in Camo carring automatic weapons that like shooting up schools. In checking the history of this type event you find that people that wear Camo are not right to began with.

vinzep491

Can anyone report if they are back on their conv freq or stil dig enc? Im still on vacation and have nott been able to confirm

vinzep491

BUMP... is anyone currently in the midlands that can confirm that USC is still no longer on their conventional freq and still on the dig enc tg?

evan

Database Admin
Yep. It's really hard for me to imagine what would have sent them down that path. Encryption costs Pal800 users extra bucks too.

vinzep491

I think it's only 5 extra bucks a month per radio, but the real cost comes from buying the ENC hardware itself.

What a waste of tuition dollars. Anyone who has monitored their old conv channel know they do not have anything sensitive going on.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
yes, their traffic was 90% of the time boring unless it was a usc football game but that was on the sc mu 10 in the clear anyway.

they have so few radio's i doubt the extra expense is much for them, but still, useless lol

Status
Not open for further replies.