Not open for further replies.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Try reading these first:

Getting Started with Win500 - The RadioReference Wiki

WIN500 - UtahRadio

But basically, it goes like this:

1.Under the TSYS tab, select the Edit Menu, New Item at End.
2.Type in a name for the new TSYS object in the "Alpha Tag" field.
3.Press the "System Frequencies" button and input the frequencies for the system.
4.Click somewhere in the bottom half of the screen in the talkgroups "section."
5.Select the Edit Menu, New Item at End.
6.Type in a name for the talkgroup in the "Alpha Tag" field.
7.Type in the talkgroup value in the "Group or Radio ID" field.
8.On the right, check the boxes corresponding to the scan list you want the talkgroup to be a member of.

Repeat these steps for each TSYS object, and repeat steps 4-8 for each talkgroup. Once you're finished, save the file and upload it to the scanner. It's best to read the configuration from the scanner first, and save that file to your computer. Then edit that file, adding the TSYS objects and talkgroups as needed, saving the file under a different name, then uploading it to the scanner.

Or, get a membership to RadioReference and download the information directly from the database. That saves a lot of typing.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Programming Win500

need help putting tsys & tgrps in

I am assuming you have your radio connected to the computer via USB. I don't know what you are downloading, but here is how I program a Motorola system. I am assuming you want to program the Palmetto trunking system. Remember, the maximum number of control & alternate frequencies is 32. If you want to find the site locations, click on the "RR locations" hyperlink located on the RR Palmetto Motorola trunking page and see which ones are near your monitoring area.

1) Go to file
2) Go to web import, trunking option
3) After putting in user name and password, click on "start"
4) put in United States, state & county
5) after clicking county, select trunking system from drop down menu in center
6) this should bring up screen showing "sites" and "talkgroup groups." Note: If you are attempting to import a system that does not have any designated control channels, I would uncheck "CC only." If you are dealing with many sites, you will need to select ones that overlap your listening area. When you find the site(s) needed for your area, check them & also place a check mark beside the desired talk groups.
7) click on 'import this system"
8) Under "target scan list for talkgroups" select scan list (I always select scan list 1, you can map them later if you like)
9) select alpha tag format (see alpha tag or description in RR DB to see which one you like)
10) press ok.

To see if you were successful, you should have "system" showing in the top section and selected talk groups below.

If this does not work for you, I will need more detailed information. If you want to call me, you can PM me and I will provide my telephone number since I am currently at home.

Hope this helped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.