Nascar and SCHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

snopes

I'm looking at a BC346XT to monitor the upstate SCHP and also some Nascar frequencies. I help out a pit crew certain weeks of the year and want to get something in my budget but still meet both needs.If it drops or gets lost I won't be out too many dollars.

I also looked at the PRO-164 but just am not a huge Radio Shack fan.

Is that a scanner that would suffice?

LarrySC

Radio Shack does not make anything. They sell what other people make. Their good scanners are made by GRE and the cheaper ones by Uniden. If you buy a NASCAR type scanner they are easier to program and use. Some can be programmed at the track. The PRO-164 is a great scanner and would work simular to the 396. Both would program OK for SCHP using software.

hhrj

Premium Subscriber
A Pro-164 is easy enough to program the desired SCHP troop(s) by hand, including the alpha tags.

Ron

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
the pro-164 is not worth what you have to pay new for it, if you find it used for 100$ or less it is an OK buy, but see if you can find a BR330T scanner used cheap would be your best analog trunk tracking/race scanner to get, but they are getting scarce to find. 2nd option would be one of the older unidens like the 346 or 246 just depending how much you want to spend, but they are going to be much smaller/easier to carry than the pro-164 BRICK! :)

Plus if you are on in the infield the GRE's overload much more easily than the Uniden scanners and being near so many transmitters, even though they are low power, could still lead to some interference/bleed over even with the Attenuator on.

Status
Not open for further replies.