Cayce DPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else notice that Cayce DPS in Lexington County has moved back over to the Pal800 from the 460.600. I had not heard them on the 460.600 past 2 weeks so i pulled the trunk tracker out of the box and hooked it up, turns out they are back on pal8, not sure if permanant this time or only temporary again...

IPD845

Yes I do believe they made the switch to 800 full time. I know people make mistakes even the perfect ones. My 460 is becoming quickly just a dust collector.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
yes, i have switched my V/UHF scanner into a Airband Scanner now, but will probably go into the closet soon enough. I had planned to get rid of all my trunktrackers and keep just that radio for Cayce DPS, guess I will have to keep one trunk tracker now lol

kj4bnd

Its permanent..

Anyone else notice that Cayce DPS in Lexington County has moved back over to the Pal800 from the 460.600. I had not heard them on the 460.600 past 2 weeks so i pulled the trunk tracker out of the box and hooked it up, turns out they are back on pal8, not sure if permanant this time or only temporary again...

I have on good source they have made the switch permanently. Really improves officer safety by providing better coverage and allows them to inter-operate with other (neighboring) jurisdictions. Also helped as i heard they were having trouble with being listened to by some locals participating in criminal activity... That being the case i hope no one intends to add them as a live feed, may make them go digital or secure as i think that is the ultimate goal.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
I have on good source they have made the switch permanently. Really improves officer safety by providing better coverage and allows them to inter-operate with other (neighboring) jurisdictions. Also helped as i heard they were having trouble with being listened to by some locals participating in criminal activity... That being the case i hope no one intends to add them as a live feed, may make them go digital or secure as i think that is the ultimate goal.

I agree with interoperability however they could have accomplished that with some Moto Apex radios. The coverage also seems pretty bad in Cayce, hearing them lots of times unreadable. i wonder if they got some car radios too or they are just trying to rely on HT ONLY coverage like LCSD does.

As far as criminals monitoring they still can, they just have to pay an extra 30 bucks for a trunk tracker radio. the online feed rarely had any listeners so i doubt the criminals were the one listen, was probably only me listening on the feed! lol

SCPD

QRT
as long as the repeater is up might still work wasent fire service on there with Cayce to just like Lexington 460.200 no traffice on there but the repeater still works threes a cw id that comes across sometimes never know what ui might here just get a scanner monitors conventions and truck and if they on 460.600 u be able to tell

kj4bnd

I agree with interoperability however they could have accomplished that with some Moto Apex radios. The coverage also seems pretty bad in Cayce, hearing them lots of times unreadable. i wonder if they got some car radios too or they are just trying to rely on HT ONLY coverage like LCSD does.

As far as criminals monitoring they still can, they just have to pay an extra 30 bucks for a trunk tracker radio. the online feed rarely had any listeners so i doubt the criminals were the one listen, was probably only me listening on the feed! lol

MOTO APEX (Multiband) $6k XTS2500 $3800.. -- I know they have recently received public safety microphones as they are not putting in car radios in this year..

The state system just makes more sense then every agency trying to hold out on conventional repeaters; With limited frequency space out there trunked is really the way to go. I do know they tested the repeater running 12.5 khz and found a %20 loss in coverage area with the 460 machine thats atop one of their water towers. Not sure what they're going to do with the old channel, but im glad to see another agency get out of the 70's and come online in the 21st century. -- As for the listening by the not so nice people -- The officers i've talked with have not heard themselves in the background (Feedback) at some of the houses they used to.. I do know the ultimate goal passed going P25 is to go encrypted, but that is after they get in cars.

I also heard the TRS improved life safety of everyone involved with the recycling plant fire by keeping everyone on the same sheet of music.. Really helped when everyone there could move between operations and command channels by just rolling the knob.

Wonder if they're going to split the fire dispatch onto its own talkgroup?

Status
Not open for further replies.