Horry Co. TRS unidentified talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
During a vacation to the Grand Strand this past week, I was able to monitor the Horry Co. TRS for several days. I came up with a number of active talkgroups that aren't currently listed in the database. If you listen to the system regularly, or are planning to visit sometime soon, plug these talkgroups in and see if you can help ID them:

688 - Horry Co PD related
880 - Horry Co PD related
5904, 5936 - Horry Co Govt related
12592 - Surfside Beach DPW perhaps
13296, 13360 - Myrtle Beach related, probably FD. 13296 was included in a multi-select with Myrtle Beach FD tone-out TG 12816, along with 13296, 13360, 13392, 13424, and 13456.
34224 - NMB related, probaby PD
36752 - NMB related, probably FD

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Also, I noted that talkgroups for the City of Conway, FD and PD, were silent. Where has Conway moved their radio traffic? Probably Conway FD is dispatched on the HCFR talkgroups and Conway PD on the HCPD Central talkgroups?

Last edited:

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
I also spent last week in Myrtle Beach. I didn't get to searching for new TGs, but the DB notes that Myrtle Beach's comms have moved to the county [Horry] TRS. Also the county was handling Conway's traffic. The DB says Conway units have a "C" in their call sign.

Last edited:

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I also spent last week in Myrtle Beach. I didn't get to searching for new TGs, but the DB notes that Myrtle Beach's comms have moved to the county [Horry] TRS. Also the county was handling Conway's traffic. The DB says Conway units have a "C" in their call sign.

Indeed.. Now that I go back and read the Horry County wiki page, it confirms that Conway PD operate on the HCPD Central Dispatch talkgroup, and Conway FD operate on the HCFR talkgroups. I should have looked over that resource before posting, or even before my vacation. There's always next summer.

hntsgt

Horry County dispatch had a consolidation of resources about a year or so ago that included Conway FD. I didn't realize that Conway PD had made the move, as well. I don't listen to them often but will try to determine for sure. Surfside FD still has a talkgroup listed in the DB but has all of their comms on the Horry TG's, too.

The Myrtle Beach FD still has its own talkgroups and are quite active but since they do have a large amount of mutual aid with the county most incidents are toned on both the HCFR & MBFD talkgroups.

b443sc

Conway FD has been dispatched on HCFR TGs for quite a while now. I haven't heard anything on their TGs, but I don't usually have them in a scanlist.

Conway PD is dispatched on HCPD's Central TGs. They consolidated their dispatch fairly recently.

Over the past few months, Loris PD has consolidated their dispatch with Horry County's, too. They are dispatched on HCPD's North talkgroups.

I don't usually have a whole lot to do with the south end of the county, but I believe Surfside Fire does all their communications on the HCFR groups. They might still use their VHF channels for alerting or fireground. SBPD uses their set of talkgroups, last I heard.

MBFD is a busy department. From what I've gathered, most of their calls, especially medical calls, get toned out on HCFR Dispatch. MBFD dispatch will then tone them out on MBFD's talkgroups. HCFR has several county medics inside the city of MB that run calls with MBFD both on the HCFR TGs and MBFD TGs.

What I believe is happening with the new talkgroups you're seeing for the FDs (North Myrtle and Myrtle) is that its for station alerting. I believe each station has its own talkgroup that is only multi-selected during the initial dispatch. I don't know specifics of what kind of setup this might be, but that's what it's looking like in my opinion.

There are several talkgroups that aren't documented that are in use for various agencies. Some sound like public works, at least one I know if was for a bus service (I'm assuming Waccamaw RTA). There are some talkgroups that are in use by law enforcement that aren't documented, as well.

HC Communications at one point let private businesses purchase their own radios for use on the system. I believe they no longer allow that, but it could be why some unusual talkgroups are popping up.

I haven't had much time to monitor on the system, so I can't give out any more info other than the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.