NC/SC state line what is there to hear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
On the North Carolina and South Carolina state line,besides Horry County what is there to listen to?
I havent been able to hear much of anything but that and the myrtle beach airport.I have an antenna in the attic (not a good one).I can hear the Palmetto 800,but I have no idea if I have it optimized.I am using Uniden 996xt.Thanks.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
How about Brunswick County and the NC VIPER system? You should be in range of 2 or 3 sites of that system.

SCPD

QRT
Others?Anyone have files ?

What I should have wrote is,anyone have any files?I can hear the Brrunswick county control channel,tried it,dont hear much .
The Viper System,I think,has multiple sites,what site should I be on?Any military or other cool frequencies?

52to12

The closest site to Horry Co. is off US 17 @mile post 4,Pea Landing.
The site has VIPER and Brunswick Co. transmitters.
Calabash FD (station 12) frequently runs mutual aid to Horry Co.station 2 in Little River.
I don't have any files. All my scanners were manually programed.

SCPD

QRT
Search

Don't forget about your scanner's "search" capability.
Search is kind of worthless nowadays with the use of digital trunking systems,I like to know exactly who I'm listening to.For whatever reason I get birdies (carriers) all over the place here.

SCPD

QRT
yea

that have the fun of scanning is finding stuff on your own then using the database to confirm it
I know that,I do sometimes search(its rough with the time warner carriers) ,but I just wondered if anyone had any cool frequencies or files.

Status
Not open for further replies.