flo city pd gone dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like florence city pd has gone dark thers been almost no traffic at all on their regular talkgroup 12816 looks like they may have went digital and encrypted in wake of all the testing going on on the counties 800 system

yes they rebanded about a year ago in the last month there have been some digital testing going on on the system even wth my fire dept on the new talkgroup they we will have im thinking that the city pd will switch over real soon as of this afternoon the traffic has picked back up on 12816 somewhat but i have heard a couple of units say switch over and they go to the digital channel

SCPD

QRT
Trunktracker 71.....I thought you lived in Darlington.. Different systems Pal 8 in Darlington vs the Florence County System. There are some conventional analog channels the Florence Boys go to from time to time but have not heard any digital stuff officially here. They still have MTX8000s and MTS2000s in the field I heard it would be 18 to 36 months before they had to change to digital and this was from a county wheel. So far as Digital I heard the Darlington Co. Fire Brigade was going to MotoTURDo VHF and was ticked they were not going to 800 MHZ since the little chief came from a hard nosed 800 county in his past life!

i used to live there and youre right about the little chief in darlington county and they do have 800 radios on the darlingto co fire dept xts 2500 s i sent you a pm

SCPD

QRT
Yes I had that confirmed today by the 800 guru that rode with me to Spartanburg today! He conformed Hartsville uses VHF for tone outs only! Dont believe I have ever programmed them in a radio before at the shop I work for......

no probobly not they deal with dennis up in columbia at the pal 800 office on harrbison thats who i used to deal with to get the 800s that palmetto rural has programed

Status
Not open for further replies.