I have lost Belton / H.P PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerScan2000

Premium Subscriber
Group,

Not sure what the reason, I have not picked up Belton / Honea Path PD in about a week. I usuall pick them up on TG 53712 without any problem.

I am still picking up other talk groups on palmetto.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks
TigerScan

KF4JYE

Premium Subscriber
I have been hearing dispatch to Honea Path and Williamston on the Palmetto P-25 system, TG 41023 for the last week or so. Not sure if this replaces TG 53712 on the Palmetto-800 system or not.

TigerScan2000

Premium Subscriber
Still dark down in Honea Path

Hey Group.

I am still not able to receive Honea Path PD anymore for some reason.

I checked all the control channels on the Pal 800 system to be sure everything was correct. I am still receving units such as (MedShore, SCHP) on the 800 system.

I made sure I had all the correct info in on the P25 Network. I put in the TalkGroup 42013 along with all the other listed groups (plus a wild Card). The group will come on, but I do not hear any voice coming through.

I don;t think I am getting a strong enough signal on the P25 system. I have a PRO106 with the RS 800 antenna. I live 15 miles (Line of Sight) from the P25 tower, so maybe I am not close ehough.

I may have to give a yagi a try to see if this gets me back in the signal.

I will say that prior to this, I was receiving everything great...LifeFlight, MedTrans, Etc............

Thanks for any Help or Comments.
TigerScan

LarrySC

You posted that you PGM'ed 42013 into your P25 system. That's wrong. There are 5 towers in the system. Check distance to the closest.

TigerScan2000

Premium Subscriber
Type in my last post

Group,

I typed in 42023 instead of 41023 in reference to the talk group.

Also, still a newbie regarding the P25 systems. When I looked at the DataBase, the only listing for a tower in Anderson was at location: N 34.51483, W -82.63792

This places it near Anderson University. Where could I find the locations for the other towers. Also, The control channels should be the same...correct.

Thanks,
TigerScan2000

LarrySC

On page 15 of the 2012 Upstate Scanner Frequency Directory you will find all of the towers with additional detail. In the RR database you can find simular data. Keep digging.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
On the Palmetto P25 database page, just above the site frequency listings, where it says "Red (c) are primary control channels | Blue (a) are alternate control channels | " there are two "Site Maps" links. One of them says "FCC Callsigns." Click that, and navigate up to the Anderson area, and you'll see the locations of the towers for the system.

Are you able to receive ANY Palmetto P25 talkgroups? Anderson County, Anderson City? If so, your Palmetto P25 programming and signal strength are fine. If not, you may indeed have a signal strenth issue, or a programming issue. Palmetto P25 is a multi-site simulcast P25 system, which scanners are well known to struggle with in terms of decoding. You may be in a "bad place." A well-placed yagi could help if that's the problem. But I find that many times moving the scanner around to find a "sweet spot" works - sometimes it's only a matter of an inch either way - assuming you're in range of the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.