Greenville County EMS - Not Narrowbanding??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescuecomm

A quick check of the KNDC777 frequency listings show none having the 11K2F3E designationj added to them. Are they playing chicken with the FCC? Does anyone know if they plan to switch to the PAL800 in January?

Time is running out.

Bob

rescuecomm

If they dont do it in time do you plan to tell on them ?

Any bounty money to be had? LOL...

Actually, I was thinking they might be getting ready to make a major communications change. Do you really think that a major county department would be that inept?

Bob

Last edited:

LarrySC

Grnvl Co EMS/Fire has been busy for several years building their UHF system. They already have 800 ops and roll call fire chiefs on Friday morning that's not on the Co dispatch. The Fire Marshal does a roll call on Tuesday morning for Fire Fighter Mobilization. I dont see any changes anytime soon.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
Is it required that a licensee notify the F.C.C. when they are decreasing the bandwidth of their modulation ?

Generally, the F.C.C. seems much more concerned about licencees exceeding emission standards.

And, any licensee can file to modify their license(s) to reflect a narrower bandwidth, but that doesn't mean they are operating their equipment in compliance with the new narrowbanding standards. The F.C.C. - or an agent acting on its behalf - will still need to monitor the signal to verify compliance.

rescuecomm

Maybe they applied for an extension? I was given the impression that you could get your licenses cancelled if the 11K2F3E was not appended to the emission designation by Jan 1, 2013.

It is interesting that the Greenville County Sheriffs office has their radio licenses so appended.

Bob

LarrySC

Records show the Sheriff applied for 11k2f3e on 7/15/2011 and I heard them switched to NB about 10 days ago. Any other issues could be blamed on massive paper overload at FCC.

rescuecomm

Massive paperwork overload is probably correct. I am sure procrastinators waited just to see if there would be another extension period. Congress didn't help by letting the T-Band guys off the hook due to the reallocation.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.