Power Companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

supernix

Hi,
I was curious what luck anyone had monitoring the power companies attempts to restore services?

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I've been monitoring Duke Power in Spartanburg during the restoration effort.

Talkgroup 8192 is their main Ops talkgroup.

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=TRSDB&sid=3041

Talkgroup 4368 on Palmetto 800 is an energy supplier, I think to local electrical coops, and it has been active.

I haven't listened to them, but I'm sure Laurens Electric has been active on 4432 and 4464 on Palmetto 800.

Brian

LarrySC

8 days and 5 hours

After 8 days and 5 hours of no power I'am back up and running. Monitored Greenville area Duke/Pike. Had crews at my house Three [3] times today. Once yesterday. I could write a book about the half-ass way they did repairs. The final crew today at 6:30pm finished what the others left undone. Went from -0- voltage to one leg of 120 and one of 90. Then -0- power again. Then one leg of 70 and one of 120. Thank God it's over. Larry

smokestack

Man larrySC, 8 days with no power? That is crazy. Sorry you had to go through all that. Hope everything is back to normal now and everyone is ok.

LarrySC

Well I wasnt normal to begain with. Actually went to work today. The Ice came while I was off. What a break. Didnt get to do anything all that time except look out the window for the power truck. I did monitor Duke Pwr and got phone #'s off scanner that bypassed the automated system. I just called and asked to speak to the people by name. They'll never figure that one out. Larry

jclomi

I hear someone here in Horry County never bothered to look up who something like 939.675

Status
Not open for further replies.