Myrtle Beach area lifeguards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnlin20

Premium Subscriber
While I was there in April I noticed a few Lifeguards in front of my hotel were on VHF DMR. Couldn't find any information on it. Does anyone have updates?

scanfan447

MB Lifeguards !

they are using Dmr. I live in m b near the ocean and did a search with my ws 1088 and found them . Have a blessed 4th !!!!

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Scanfan,

If the database has inaccurate information, please use the submit button on the appropriate page to provide the updated information. It will benefit everyone, instead of just those that are reading this thread.

Remember, many scanner listeners use radios that rely on information from RRDB, and may have never seen RadioReference. Accurate information in the database helps them, too.

Shawnlin20

Premium Subscriber
I'm going next month for a week. My goal is to identify frequencies used by the 3 different lifeguard companies. I'll submit my findings.

SCPD

QRT
good stuff

I'm going next month for a week. My goal is to identify frequencies used by the 3 different lifeguard companies. I'll submit my findings.

Thats a great reason to go to Myrtle Beach,you my friend are a true scanner enthusiast!Thank you.
I tell ya one thing 90 percent of the stuff there is digital even the ham radio (DSTAR),only thing on
analog is EMS and the Myrtle Airport.

N8ZBD

Digital Frequency Search

On the DFS site there are many "Myrtle Beach Communication" frequencies. Wondering if any of these might be what the life guards are using? I'm searching all the possible DMR but of course they don't have in description what the life guards are monitoring on. Any ideas? Thanks

Ty
N8ZBD

Shawnlin20

Premium Subscriber
Well I'm here in Myrtle Beach. I do have a lifeguard stand in front of my hotel. It is Motorola DMR and from the antenna it appears to be VHF. I've been scanning for a day now. Nothing on close call.

Scannerham62

Premium Subscriber
Myrtle Beach Lifeguards - Johns Beach Services

I have submitted updates for the Lacks Beach Service DMR System and Brian has updated the files.
Lacks covers the majority of the lifeguard stands in Myrtle Beach. Johns Beach Services handles an area on the North end, (of Myrtle Beach - NOT North Myrtle beach, that's a different city with different services). I'm currently unclear on the dividing lines between them but Johns covers AT LEAST from 52nd Ave N to 77th Ave N. I believe that Johns area is sandwiched in between Lacks L chairs, (middle), and Lacks N chairs, (North). I still working on that.

Anyway, Johns Beach services has abandoned their old UHF frequencies and are now on the Myrtle Beach Communications 800 MHz DMR Mototurbo Connect Plus System, (listed here on RadioReference). Use the Myrtle Beach site and Talkgroup 226. They may also use Talkgroup 24000. I know 226 is Johns Beach Services for sure. The 24000 talk group is lifeguards but don't exactly know who yet.

I will be submitting an update to Brian for him to update the Myrtle Beach Communications 800 MHz DMR Mototurbo Connect Plus System with this and other information.

I will also post another reply to this thread about the dividing lines between Lacks South, L, (Middle), and North chairs.

I will also post another reply to this thread about a THIRD Beach service on the extreme South end covering Surfside Beach and Garden City.

Happy monitoring my friends and 73,
ScannerHam62

Scannerham62

Premium Subscriber
The 24000 talk group on Myrtle Beach Communications 800 MHz Mototurbo Connect Plus System is the City of North Myrtle Beach Lifeguards. They have about 59 stations / towers.

Scannerham62

Premium Subscriber
Myrtle Beach, SC Lifeguard Coverage Areas

OK, Here we go. The following is a detailed breakdown of Lifeguard coverage in the Myrtle Beach Area.

Starting form the south end, Beach Services LTD covers Garden City and Surfside beaches. Check Horry County / Businesses / Beach Services for frequency info.

Continuing north, Lacks Beach Service "South" covers from Ocean Lakes Campground to the Springmaid Pier. Check Horry County / Businesses / Beach Services for frequency info.

Still continuing north, Lacks Beach Service "Central", (Middle), covers from the North side of Springmaid Pier to 13th Ave N. Check Horry County / Businesses / Beach Services for frequency info.

Continuing north up the beach, Johns Beach Services covers 14th Ave N to 82nd Ave N. Check Horry County / Businesses / Myrtle Beach Communications (DMR) for frequency info.

Still Continuing north, Lacks Beach Service "North" covers From 82nd Ave N to the North Myrtle Beach City Line. Check Horry County / Businesses / Beach Services for frequency info.

North Myrtle Beach Ocean Rescue covers all the beachfront in North Myrtle Beach. Check Horry County / Businesses / Myrtle Beach Communications (DMR) for frequency info.

Note: All of the frequency and talkgroup info is contained in this Thread. I will be submitting it to Brian today, (hopefully), to be listed in the appropriate RadioReference Databases so it can be downloaded directly into radios.

73 and Happy Monitoring!
ScannerHam62 - Myrtle Beach, SC

Status
Not open for further replies.