Easley FD On NXDN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch618

For as long as I can remember, the Easley FD was on 154.145 MHz. Recently they changed to 155.69250*MHz. According to Digital Frequency Search at Digital Frequency Search That frequency is "authorized for NXDN voice operation in Pickens County, SC." Does that mean that at some point they will change over to NXDN on that frequency? I appreciate your replies.

rescuecomm

It has been a while since I had heard about them going to a different mode. Two of the persons involved with testing a few years ago were hams and discussed it on the Glassy Mountain 444.350 repeater. If I recall correctly, an administrative error let the licenses expire a few years ago and the city only got temporary licencing to use the original frequencies. I still heard them on 154.145 last week. Have you actually confirmed the new frequencies in use?

Bob

rescuecomm

Time to reprogram some radios. The PRO-197 should not be a problem. My Kenwood TM-V7808 and TM-V710 radios might have to receive it on 154.6900 like your scanner.

Bob

rescuecomm

Got the PRO-197 programmed and am hearing their dispatch on 155.6925 mhz. It comes in pretty good considering I am north of Travelers Rest. Their repeaters are on the water towers in Easley. Wonder if they are still using Motorola radios or have already switched to Kenwoods in preparation to move to NXDN?

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.