Update software for SC P-25 in lexington Co

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lexington County just switched over to the new P-25 system. Suddenly, we are unable to hear the local PD, etc. on our HP 1 and 2s. Is there a download for an upgraded software, or a way to get back in the game?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I have moved your thread to the SC forum where it is bound to get a more accurate, localized response. The Uniden HP-1 uses a version of the RR database here as it's core database. Once a week Uniden downloads this customized database from RR and taylors it to fit the HP-1. This weekly new database is usually available every Monday around noon eastern time (or a little earlier). Because the Palmetto 800 radio system is undergoing P25 conversion changes made to the RR database won't show up in the weekly Uniden database update until next Monday. You do also have the option of researching the Palmetto 800 sticky thread at the top of the forum for updated info and use the Sentinel companion software to make updates to the HP-1 favorites lists yourself.
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Heck to make it even easier I have attached to this email a zip file with a Uniden Sentinel hpe favorites list that I created with the updated info that is listed in the Palmetto 800 database.
All you have to do is:
1) Download the zip file and save it somewhere on your computer where you can find it.
2) Unzip it the Lexington SC.hpe and save it somewhere on your computer.
3) Use the following instructions on how to import it into Sentinel then write the new FL to your scanner and you should be back in business:
Importing and Exporting Sentinel .hpe Files - The RadioReference Wiki

Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

Attachments

• Lexington SC.zip
    880 bytes · Views: 20
Status
Not open for further replies.