Some question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocn29rsc

Couple of questions....First concerning Charleston Co., for a while I was making multiple trips daily and on my G-5 was running off site 10-Charleston Simulcast (County)...this worked just fine. Know I see other sites added to it...site 9-Charleston Simulcast (State), 11-Edisto Island (Charleston County), and 13-North Charleston (Charleston County). So is all this for chas co vs state? or all related?

Looking SCHP at assignments under troop-7 should Aiken Co. not be part of troop-7 but nothing in there?

Thanks.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Forgot to weigh in on the Troop 7 question.

Based on my experience, Troop 7 typically uses 1 dispatch talkgroup at a time for the entire Troop. But they have at least 2 and maybe 3 actual dispatch talkgroups - one for Aiken, one for Orangeburg/Calhoun, and one for Bamberg/Hampton/Barnwell/Allendale. The 2 or 3 groups are patched together by the dispatcher so that it acts as 1 channel. Radios may be affiliated with either talkgroup but they act as one. Which talkgroup is the one that scanners "see" active at any time varies based on how the patch is set at any given time.

Some scanners lilke the PRO-106 family will display "ptch" in the display when tuned to a talkgroup in a patch.

Without some monitoring with Unitrunker or Pro96Com, it's tough to determine exactly what's going on. The RR database listing for Troop 7 may change as more detailed information is gathered.

Hope that helps.

c4181

Feed Provider
That 3rd Dispatch Talkgroup Brian is referencing is 27113.

I'm not sure exactly which channel belongs to which county but they all stay patched together as Brian said.

The past week I've been trying to figure out which is which so hopefully myself or someone else can get this sorted out soon.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Thanks for the information.

From a scanning standpoint, the majority of the time, the particular assigned use of the 3 dispatch talkgroups isn't critical. Because they are most often patched together, program all three. At any given time, one of the 3 talkgroups will be in use.

If you want to separate out SCHP communications around Aiken from SCHP communications around Orangburg, as an example, you're mostly out of luck as the patches prevent this capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.