Sumter County SC Sheriff Dept 10/signal code listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycleSycho

:wink: Hello, am looking for the most current Sumter SC Sheriffs Dept 10/signal code listing. Have asked a few deputys and one of the admin officers but they lament the listing is a controlled document. Anyone have this listing? I have an older list but it seems it has been added to a lot, and many of the codes they use are not on my list. Thanks for any help the membership can provide. :wink:

CycleSycho

:wink: Hello, am looking for the most current Sumter SC Sheriffs Dept 10/signal code listing. Have asked a few deputys and one of the admin officers but they lament the listing is a controlled document. Anyone have this listing? I have an older list but it seems it has been added to a lot, and many of the codes they use are not on my list. Thanks for any help the membership can provide. :wink:

:confused: No one has any input on this subject? :confused:

sthreatt

The National 10 Codes are supposed to be pretty much the same across the country, for obvious reasons. Individual departments have their own "signal codes" which can vary wildly by region. I see no reason that a copy of the standard 10 codes would be a controlled document. Local signal codes however, a different story.

CycleSycho

The National 10 Codes are supposed to be pretty much the same across the country, for obvious reasons. Individual departments have their own "signal codes" which can vary wildly by region. I see no reason that a copy of the standard 10 codes would be a controlled document. Local signal codes however, a different story.

:( Thank you for the reply, sure would like a most current 10/sig code list. I cannot find anything local to the Sumter SC Sheriffs dept. Does anyone in the SC area have a more current one than from 1991? Please someone, help? :(

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I don't live near Sumter, nor do I know anyone who does, so I can't help with a list.

I would say that if you have contacts in the Sheriff's Office and they say it's a controlled document, then it's unlikely someone that has it is going to share it on a public forum. If someone with it isn't willing to share it on the down low, you're probably out of luck.

I can say that the 10-codes that are used by the SCHP, the 10-codes used by Spartanburg County, and the 10-codes used by Greenville County are all very different. While there may exist a list of standard 10-codes, there is absolutely no obligation for agencies to use those codes.

With a lot of listening, I bet you can pick most of them up based on context, but there will always be a few that you won't be able to figure out. Perhaps you'd have more luck asking your deputy friend what one or two specific codes mean rather than asking for an entire list.

Hope that helps.

Brian

CycleSycho

I don't live near Sumter, nor do I know anyone who does, so I can't help with a list.

I would say that if you have contacts in the Sheriff's Office and they say it's a controlled document, then it's unlikely someone that has it is going to share it on a public forum. If someone with it isn't willing to share it on the down low, you're probably out of luck.

I can say that the 10-codes that are used by the SCHP, the 10-codes used by Spartanburg County, and the 10-codes used by Greenville County are all very different. While there may exist a list of standard 10-codes, there is absolutely no obligation for agencies to use those codes.

With a lot of listening, I bet you can pick most of them up based on context, but there will always be a few that you won't be able to figure out. Perhaps you'd have more luck asking your deputy friend what one or two specific codes mean rather than asking for an entire list.

Hope that helps.

Brian

:) Thanks Brian, I'll try picking out a couple here and there and see what happens. Maybe after some luck (and time), I'll have a list that is up to date. :)

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
:) Thanks Brian, I'll try picking out a couple here and there and see what happens. Maybe after some luck (and time), I'll have a list that is up to date. :)

Sounds good. And if you're so motivated, you can update the list in the RR Wiki yourself (anyone can edit the wiki) or post them here and I'll update the wiki. That way other people can benefit from your efforts.

RipplyTiger151

Premium Subscriber
I have a list at home, I'd just have to find it. Most of the codes on the list I have are up to date but there are a couple that aren't on there. I think there are a couple Signals that are not on the list (I think the new building is a new signal but not 100% sure).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CycleSycho

Asked but no luck...

Asked a few deputies but they couldn't help with any of the codes at all. I just wonder how they all can be interoperable without a standardized 10/signal code list... Oh well.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I'm not sure how effective the codes are if people using them don't know what they mean. Or maybe they just don't want to tell you.

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
After my department went encrypted I monitored the next city over and was able to gather the codes they use relatively quickly over a couple days worth of monitoring. Shouldn't be too hard, at least the way this department uses them.

Officer on scene of an accident says he'll need two "51's" 51 = Tow Truck
Dispatch advises the suspects have "32's" 32 = Weapons
Dispatch asks Officer on a traffic stop is he is "10-12 for information only." 10-12 = Radio Secure / Ready
Primary Officer enroute to a "37" driving around a parking lot for about 10 minutes "22's" the other Officer. 37 = Suspicious Vehicle and 22 = Disregard

I've gathered loads more just by listening and using context clues to figure out what the codes mean. I had no idea some of these were used in general, my city never used codes and I've only ever listened to them, so this was all new for me at the time.

My friend lives in Sumter and his dad is a retired Sheriff and his uncle is a "Check Mate Officer" one of those that checks on the older people from what he told me. I'd have to ask if he remembers the codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.