Chesterfield County ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sthreatt

I have the control channel frequencies for the Chesterfield County tower, and I have two assigned TGID's for Chesterfield Sheriff dept, but I am hearing nothing. Is there something I'm overlooking ? Are they Phase 2 ? I don't see any notation that they are encrypted.

Last edited:

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Here's a not-too-long-ago thread about Chesterfield SD indicating that they mostly use their UHF frequencies, with occasional use of Palmetto P25. So that would likely explain why you're not hearing much on the Palmetto P25 talkgroups.

I notice that the Chesterfield County license for 460.350, KON307, includes emission designations 7K60FXD and 7K60FXE. These are emission designations commonly used for DMR digital radio systems. This doesn't necessarily mean that they are running a DMR system, but it means they are properly licensed to do so.

If you're not hearing analog traffic on 460.350 and you're not hearing routine traffic on the Palmetto P25 talkgroups, I would recommend scanning 460.350 in "Search" mode to see if a digital mode is in use. How you do that varies from model to model.

Report back with what you figure out.

fireguy843

Chesterfield?

Chesterfield SO turned off and got rid of most of the 800 MHz radios they had due to the amount of money it cost for subscription fees for the PAL 800 system. The command staff has two or three radios that they use infrequently They still just use the (non encrypted) conventional analog UHF frequencies published. 460.350 narrow band. They also use UTAC 2 and UTAC 3 for the SRT and Bloodhound teams. They have four repeaters Chesterfield, Jefferson, Cheraw and MC Bee. Hope that helps!

sthreatt

Chesterfield SO turned off and got rid of most of the 800 MHz radios they had due to the amount of money it cost for subscription fees for the PAL 800 system. The command staff has two or three radios that they use infrequently They still just use the (non encrypted) conventional analog UHF frequencies published. 460.350 narrow band. They also use UTAC 2 and UTAC 3 for the SRT and Bloodhound teams. They have four repeaters Chesterfield, Jefferson, Cheraw and MC Bee. Hope that helps!

Thanks ! It does. I didn't think they had the option to continue on UHF analog programming. I was under the impression that transition to digital was federally mandated.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Thanks ! It does. I didn't think they had the option to continue on UHF analog programming. I was under the impression that transition to digital was federally mandated.

Only mandate was to narrowband VHF, and UHF. No mandate to go digital yet. When the next level of narrowbanding hits, that will kill analog as ONLY digital can go as narrow as they want without having severe interference issues. For more on narrowbanding see the wiki.

fireguy843

chesterfield county SO

Well it is Chesterfield County. They will be the last hold out on going Digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.