Charleston

Status
Not open for further replies.

fire901

I just moved to Charleston and need to program my scanner i have a bc996t which group of freqs do i use on the palmetto site I tried the county of Charleston and I can see a strong signal but I hear nothing

S

scanner1man

What I found in the Database,there is a Charleston Simulcast-State Site.I'm not in SC,so I would not be of help.Good luck.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
The Palmetto 800 P25, For COUNTY traffic, the Charleston County COUNTY Simulcast site 110. For STATE traffic, the Charleston County STATE Simulcast site 109.

Also for local traffic: Site 111, 112, and 113.

All for this system: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5042

As the main sites are SIMULCAST be ready for multipath distortion.

On the TG note: We only have a couple of the CPD TGs found, there are still a lot more to be found. CFD mainly only uses the TRS for dispatch and interop with other agencies and uses the conventional Firegrounds unless things have changed recently.
I highly recommend using ProScan, or FreeSCAN to program the system so you do not make mistakes.

I do not know if the old City TRS is still online or not, and if it is, what would still be carried on it.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=498

Last edited by a moderator:

holsen

Charleston,

I can vouch that the Charleston simulcast is tricky to monitor. I visit Chs on occasion and have found one spot in my daughter's house that receives it well! Anywhere else I get the motorboat effect with full signal strength. Would you or anyone else reading this consider doing a Charleston Broadcastify? Would love to hear my hometown here in Columbia. I provide the Broadcastify stream for the Columbia area Public Safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.