BCD436HP VS 996P2 MotoTrbo issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

saboken

Premium Subscriber
I have both the 996P2 and a BCD436HP when I monitor the Oconee County Sheriff they are DMR I said motorboat in the subject sorry,with the 996P2 I get s lot of Data noise! But the BCD436HP filters it all out? Is this a limitation of the P2 that it doesn’t always filter this out? It’s so bad that I stopped using the P2 for the sheriffs office! They are both programmed as close to the same as possible except the BCD436HP uses the internal database and the P2 used RRs database off the net? Am I missing something? At first I thought the P2 was monitoring the control channel but if I L/O the channel I never here anything and the BCD436HP is the only radio I can hear the sheriffs office on! The P2 should be more sensitive since it has a better antenna. Any ideas? I’m actually thinking of selling the P2 and replacing it with a BCD536HP

saboken

Premium Subscriber
I may upgrade just because the 536 now supports NXDN another $50 :( I paid for 4 upgrades so far, if I get the 536 it will be 3 more keys, I will just have to find someone that will give me a fair price for the 996 I had it on FB and Craigslist but where I live every one wants it for $0.10 on the dollar the only issue with living in a rural area not many people. Maybe I will put it on eBay if I decide to sell it?

saboken

Premium Subscriber
Yes it as I said it scans the sheriff but I get a lot of data between broadcasts like it's not filtering the control data out, it's done this since I activated the DMR for it! I thought it was normal until I got the handheld which never does it! I can have both running and the 996 let's the data through a lot it's very annoying!

Status
Not open for further replies.