Palmetto 800 traffic Greenville site

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I'm hearing traffic in the clear on the Greenville site on talkgroups in the 185xx range, specifically 18504, 18514 and 18515, possibly others. Sounds like Law Enforcement, but I can't pick out enough locations to know where or which agency.

Also, on 11/6 and 11/7, I'm hearing in the clear law enforcement traffic on talkgroup 4510, which is in the Florence County talkgroup range. It would be strange to hear that in the Greenville area, and especially in the clear traffic. Also can't pick out enough locations to verify it's from Florence County.

Maybe others can program these in and give them a listen.

trumpetman

Database Admin
There has been a tremendous band enhancement going on the last 24 hours or so. I've been hearing stuff all over the Carolinas and even out of Florida. My first guess with LEO traffic would be Gastonia & Mt Holly PDs off of the 2D0 UASI system. They share a control channel with Greenville County's Pal8 zone so I'm betting the scanner is occasionally locking on 853.2625 and hearing their dispatch TGs of 18504 & 18514.

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to do a general sweep across VHF, UHF, 700, 800, & 900 for any new control channels and see if you can narrow down what systems/sites your hearing to gauge where the ducting is originating from.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Wow. That's not something I had considered. I'm using a 800MHz yagi pointed toward the west from my location (away from the Gastonia area), but that's certainly a possibility, Maybe it's decoding a CC from a different system. I do note that the decode quality of the audio on those talkgroups is frequently poor.

Great tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.