Where's Greenville?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch618

I've been trying to pick up the Greenville city PD and FD but I don't hear a thing. Has Greenville county moved to another system? Thanks.

AJIComm1

I've been trying to pick up the Greenville city PD and FD but I don't hear a thing. Has Greenville county moved to another system? Thanks.
If I am not mistaken i believe they have moved to the Palmetto 800 system.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

Mitch618

My apologies. I should have said I don't hear the GPD or GFD on Palmetto 800. I haven't listened to them for a while so I don't know when a change, if any, happened.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
If "a while" means a year or more, then you probably missed the conversion of Palmetto 800 from a mixed mode Motorola system to a P-25 digital trunked system. Depending on the model of scanner you have, you may need to reprogram your scanner. If you don't have a scanner that supports P-25 systems, then you will likely need to replace your scanner. The system frequencies didn't change, but all of the talkgroup values changed. This change happened in th Upstate in Fall 2017.

mckinscan

Feed Provider
Thanks for the info. I'm using a whistler TRX-2 so i shouldn't have a problem. I'll try reprogramming. Thanks again.

You can download the programing software from Whistle site that should help you get your TRX 2 Program to the correct TALK Groups.

gpsblake

Will the Whistler 1040 do the job? I guess the only thing keeping me from getting it is the fear they could switch to P25 type 2. Any rumors on that happening with the Palmetto P25 system?

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I don't have any inside information, and Palmetto 800 could upgrade to Phase 2 tomorrow. But I think that's very unlikely to happen tomorrow, or even 2 years from now. I believe they still have a lot of subscriber radios that are not Phase 2 capable.

A WS-1040 will work fine for talkgroups that are not encrypted. I use radios in that family every day and they work great.

gpsblake

I'm actually lucky where I live at because my town, Saluda County and Newberry County sheriff still aren't using trunking at all, all in the 453-460 UHF range. Lexington County Fire still dispatches on 154.220mhz My town is the only town in the county that isn't on the Palmetto P25. Getting a P25 phase 2 scanner still wouldn't add Lexington Sheriff because they are encrypted.

TACN

I'm actually lucky where I live at because my town, Saluda County and Newberry County sheriff still aren't using trunking at all, all in the 453-460 UHF range. Lexington County Fire still dispatches on 154.220mhz My town is the only town in the county that isn't on the Palmetto P25. Getting a P25 phase 2 scanner still wouldn't add Lexington Sheriff because they are encrypted.

It might join the TRS later on like they do here with TACN... It's all about time, money, and the local leadership :cool: You program your radio manually or with a computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.