Union County Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckinscan

Feed Provider
Do anybody know if Union County Fire Dispatch change frequency i been monitor the 154.445 it has been quiet for awhile.

mckinscan

Feed Provider
Thanks Searay,

sorry for late reply i program that frequency you posted in my scanner last night and this morning i heard Union dispatch tone out a dept on the 154.445 and i heard some traffic on that frequency you provide so they must have seperated the Page and Operation channels simmer to set up that Spartanburg County Fire has they have Page on one channel and Operations on another channel. this morning first time in a last couple days i heard any Tone pages on the 154.445 thanks again.

pitheus

Premium Subscriber
Union County SC fire main dispatch is now using 155.820 full time as we had too much skip on 154.445 the ctcss tone remains @ 127.3, some departments have removed 154.445 from their radios

mckinscan

Feed Provider
Union County SC fire main dispatch is now using 155.820 full time as we had too much skip on 154.445 the ctcss tone remains @ 127.3, some departments have removed 154.445 from their radios

HI pitheus,,

Is the 155.820 on same tower as the 154.445 as i notice i can't picked up the 155.820 like i could with 154.445 on one of my Scanner that i used for my online fire Stream before over here in Spartanburg SC area. thanks

pitheus

Premium Subscriber
HI pitheus,,

Is the 155.820 on same tower as the 154.445 as i notice i can't picked up the 155.820 like i could with 154.445 on one of my Scanner that i used for my online fire Stream before over here in Spartanburg SC area. thanks

Its still on the tower located on the property adjacent to Union County Detention Center but I do believe the coverage footprint now seems to favor the areas to the south and SE areas of the counties where signal reception was poor. It may be my imagination but I receive good return traffic from station 300 which is in Carlisle SC with the changes made. The 800mhz digital that UCSO now uses sure has a lot of dead spots down that way form spotty to zero so I guess a patch will be performed to help with that issue before long.

pitheus

Premium Subscriber
Hi Pitheus,

Thanks has the Union County SO went to the 800 mhz ?

Yes sir, for the most part, like I mentioned earlier there are some issues in coverage and the digital voice is muffled at times or sounds like one is in a tin can. Jonesville police and animal and litter control are now the prominent party left on analog 155.430 unless the bouys hit a dead zone for 800 and then its cell phone or revert back briefly to the old dependable analog... the talk group is 49001 if you need it

mrat1234

is the union county sheriff talkgroup simulcasted on the Chester county site. im in Chester but unable to receive the union county site. want to scan.

pitheus

Premium Subscriber
is the union county sheriff talkgroup simulcasted on the Chester county site. im in Chester but unable to receive the union county site. want to scan.

Just about 30 minutes ago a Chester officer came on and requested a radio check...he was very strong 10-2 , Now according to the footprint Union County Sheriff 800 mhz does creep into Chester County. I have the range set on my BCD536HP set for 40 mile and I hear Chester and down to Newberry well. There are some dead zones especially towards Carlisle that Union goes back to analog 155.430 853.4500 along with talkgroup 49001 appears on my id read for dispatch ...hope this helps

mckinscan

Feed Provider
I have been able picked up the 155.820 Union County Fire Frequency i had move my Telescopic antenna on my Stream scanner and point it toward Chesnee SC and i able pick up the 155.820 mhz that channel is not as Strong as the old 154.445mhz was in Spartanburg SC area

mckinscan

Feed Provider
It sound like some Union Counties Dept's having trouble receiving their Page tones. since the switch what they might need do is if they haven't already used the old 154.445 as the Page channel and used the 155.820 as the ops channel.

pitheus

Premium Subscriber
yea, it would seem like whomever coordinates their freqs would have thought of this at some point

mckinscan

Feed Provider
yes that way Spartanburg County Fire Does they used the old Dispatch/page channel 154.310 to Tone out County & City stations and the County Ops channel 154.025 and City FD has their own city VHF channel after they move back to the VHF Band after they been on the UHF Band for years for better Communcations with County FD where before the County FD had a City Fire UHF Issue Walkie Talkie to communcations with City FD.

Status
Not open for further replies.