Minimum to monitor Charleston / Mount Pleasant on 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenwar

I'm guessing that Charleston has moved to the new 800 system. I have a very old RS handheld 200 channel, and I'm just starting to lose most of everything around here, except for static frequencies. Anyway, somewhat green as to what is required to monitor the 800 system. Would something like the Pro-433 be a waste of money? Others have suggested at least the Pro-96, but I don't want to spend that kind of money just yet. I have novice questions such as, is the 800 system "Digitally Trunked" and does it use CTDSS/DCS. Thoughts and suggestions are most welcome. THANKS !

AndersonMBK

I would go ahead and get a digital trunking scanner, it looks like the majority use digital in the Charleston area. Anything less and you might be dissapointed.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Also CTCSS/DCS are not used for trunking systems, just conventional (as in non trunking) stuff. Char. Co has a new all digital system, so I would really suggest going with digital whenever you have the money to spare. It's a big purchase, but one that will last a long time.

greenwar

Thanks...

Thanks to all for the input. I actually have a RS Pro-34 that still works great after all of these years, but the digital channels are out of the question. I guess I'll be saving my money. Thanks so much for the informative replys for such the novice...

Status
Not open for further replies.