Florence County, SC

Status
Not open for further replies.

73vw

Does anyone have a complete list of freq. for SCHP & Flo. County Law Enforcement
they would share? I've used what's on the database, but only on 6 or 8 freq. do I
actually ever hear anything. I don't have a trunk tracker, just a programmable scanner.
BC80 XLT to be exact.

Thanks
73 VW in Effingham, SC

email: jcgramg@gmail.com

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Without a trunk tracker, you're not going to hear much, or you're going to hear everything and have no way to know if what you're hearing is SCHP, Florence Co. SO, or any of many other agencies.

Florence Co. uses a trunked radio system for just about all county public safetly communications, including Florence City agencies, public works, and so forth. So all of those agencies share that common set of frequencies designated for that trunked radio system. Without a trunktracker, you don't have any way to know what agency is using a particular frequency at any given time.

Same is true for SCHP, except they use a trunked radio system called Palmetto 800. They share their system with many other state agencies, and some county and local agencies in areas outside Florence.

The database is pretty accurate, most if not all the frequencies are there. You're going to be limited in terms of what public safety comms you can hear on that radio, limited to conventional (non-trunked) frequencies only.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.